The arguement still rages / I-134 and medical exam

Well it seems my friend and his fiancee are still having the arguement about the I-134 being taken to the medical exam. His fiancee has sent him the letter she got from the Consulate two weeks ago. I've seen it myself. It clearly states "At the time of your medical exam, please bring all the documents listed on Form OF-171." And of course Form OF-171 lists many documents, most not related to medical exams like the DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157, and the I-134. So it appears that the doctor in China assigned with providing the physical exam for the girls is also tasked with checking all the other forms not related to the medical exam for the Consulate? It seems rather strange to me. I thought I understood these procedures for the interview until now. Below is a sample OF-171 I found on the Web from some Dutch site that was listed in the archives here about the OF-171 in March 2004.

OF-171

(Only the important parts are stated here)

Bring with you at the date of the medical appointment;

The appointment letter.

4 Pictures of each person to immigrate (see instructions here).

Passport valid 6 months beyond intended date of entry into the United States.

Birth certificate for each applicant.

Birth certificate for all unmarried minor children (not US citizens who will immigrate with you.

Court and Prison records, if applicable.

Military record if applicable.

Marriage certificate, if applicable.

Vaccination Records, if available.

The money for the fees .

Evidence of financial support (Form I-864) Less then 12 months old....!!!!

Divorce decree, or death Certificate of spouse, if applicable.

Optional form OF-230 II (sworn statement DO NOT SIGN IT NOW..!!!)

IRS-form 9003.

Money for the x-ray Fl. 87,50

Money for the doctor Fl. 220,--

Money for the visa $ 325,--

As I understand it, the doctor/hospital staff will review the documents for completeness and put them in order and seal them in an envelope to be opened by the consulate. It is routine for the I-134 to be included later due to the USC often bringing it to China personally just before the interview. This is what I plan to do in two short weeks. Jiening is going to GZ for the medical exam tomorrow and is showing a bit of concern as well. I told her not to worry, it will be fine this way.

If you read the interview reports posted by many other members, you will notice that the VO often asks the interviewee for the document. If it was in the envelope, they would already have it.

I could be wrong. Hopefully, I am not.

Yep that was what I was thinking. It seems most people do not show up for the medical exam with the I-134 or maybe other forms not pertaining to the medical exam. I really don't care if the medical staff sees my I-134 but I'm just a bit worried about how these sealed envelopes flow in the Consulate and worried about having something that the VO asks for during the interview separated from my fiancee before she gets to the VO.

Trigg told me months ago (half a year ?!) --- that his I- 134 was sealed in with the medical exam, and I worried .......

.... But ultimately, I concluded that it was no big deal .... and although Fei's Vo was a stickler --- he just asked her for it, and she gave it to him .... why all the anguish over this ~?!?

Why doesn't your friend just give her the I-134? It's nothing to have an argument over. If she feels better having it then I would just give it to her.

Exactly. If they are going to fight over this insignifcant thing how are they going to stay married? Give her the damn I-134 and have another back up notarized copy to give to the VO, Sheesh It's a stupid thing to fight over. The medical staff at the clinics are helping to speed up the interveiw process by organizing the paperwork before interview. Nothing more.