Two more visas

Guest DragonFlower

Glad you're home.

So how does that water bed thing go with your wife??

My wifes idea of a soft bed is a blanket on a wooden plank!!

Through much of my life I have slept on a waterbed.

Was hoping to continue the practice once we get a place and settle down.

Do you think the adjusment is working for you?

long

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Marty and Weiping!

Let the love'n begin.. heheh but first some well deserved sleep..

Sucks being old and jet lagged..:D

Sorry about the VO.. visa's are good for 6 months..go suck a lemon! vo..

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth

P.S. did you fly out of GZ on jan 21 on the 7:50am flight to JFK? if so we were there NWA. darn if so would have great to meet you both

Hey Mark,

We left the day before, 9:05AM to Minniapolis, out of Beijing (COLD!!!)

About the VO, That's what I figured. He has no right making her sign a statement as to when the daughter will follow, but, as usual she's not gonna take any chances. The daughter will be here in 4 months. :o

Glad you're home.

So how does that water bed thing go with your wife??

My wifes idea of a soft bed is a blanket on a wooden plank!!

Through much of my life I have slept on a waterbed.

Was hoping to continue the practice once we get a place and settle down.

Do you think the adjusment is working for you?

long

Dragon, as you probably know, most chinese believe a thin blanket on a board with an open window is the only way to sleep.

After 6 nights on the waterbed the only problem is the open window.

Weiping has no problem with the bed.

Congradulations!! Is very good to hear a sucess story. Especially one so close to me. I live in Orlando. Maybe when my wife finally gets here they can talk, that is a long ways off now though. I think that is the biggest worry of my wife, Huiyu, not having any friends here to talk to.

About the VO, That's what I figured. He has no right making her sign a statement as to when the daughter will follow, but, as usual she's not gonna take any chances. The daughter will be here in 4 months.  <_<

Marty,

I'm just wondering how you are going to handle that logistically. Will Weiping return to China to pick up her daughter, or is her daughter old enough to fly back herself? Do you think Weiping will have AP in 4 months so that she will be permitted to travel back to China?

HaiYan's son will be following to the USA four months after her mother, so that he can finish the school year in China. He is 9 years old, and too young for such a long trip by himself. If HaiYan does not have AP in four months, then I think I will have to return to China to get him. Problem is he speaks no English and I speak no Chinese. I'm concerned about handling any potential problems when I attempt to leave China with him.

Anyone been through this experience before?

• 2 weeks later...