Guangzhou Response

Guest Gene

Here is an email I just got from Guangzhou. Answered one out of the Three questions. Kind of nice to know we won't need 2004 tax return until April.

Dear Mr. Gene XXXXXX,

Please be advised that the I-134 affidavit of support is needed if the

officer requests. In addition, if the interview date is after April, 2005,

normally, we will request the TRs for 2004.

> To respond to this email, use only the web form at

www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html. E-mails sent via

"reply" will not be received. You can access limited case specific

information - confirm Visa Petition arrival at post and verify interview

date - at the National Visa Information Call Center (a for fee service).

See www.usavisainformation.com.cn/eng/index.aspx. Call Center # (China)

400-872-333 (International) 8621-3881-4611

>

Thank you for using the GuangzhouIV e-mail service. The Immigration Visa

Unit tries to reply promptly to all inquiries. However, given the high

volume of mail we receive, sometimes our response can be delayed. Please be

patient and wait for our reply before writing again. Also, please try to

combine as many questions as possible into one e-mail.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

The Immigrant Visa Unit

Name(pinyin): Gene XXXXXX

Email_Address:

boilermaker1926XXXXXXX

Is This Your First Email?: 0 12/19/2004

Beneficiary Name (pinyin): XXXXXXXX

Relationship to Beneficiary: Petitioner

Beneficiary Date of Birth: X-XX-XXX

Beneficiary Case Number: GUZ-20XXXXXXXX

Beneficiary Visa Category(optional):

Subjects: Other

Message_Text (optional):

Dear Immigrant Visa Staff,

I am preparing for my wife and new son interview. Do I need to fill out and

bring documents two times for the I-134 affidavit of support one I-134 for

my wife and one I-134 for my son, or will one I-134 form cover both of them?

Also how current do the documents have to be?

At what time will you require IRS tax return for 2004?

Thank You and Happy Holidays.

Best Regards,

Gene XXXXX

I wouldn't trust that April date for tax returns. Last year in January they were giving blue slips wanting to see 2003 tax returns. Some of the guys who hadn't filed yet were scrambling to get at least w-2 forms to their loved ones.

Here is an email I just got from Guangzhou.  Answered one out of the Three questions. Kind of nice to know we won't need 2004 tax return until April.

Also how current do the documents have to be?

Hey Gene,

Congrads on your recent success w/ the GZ questions (Sarcastic comment here).

Compared to me that is a great batting average. I think I'm running about a .109 average with NVC now. I have learned to send THEM one question at a time and to expect an apple answer for an orange question. The address change issue has been about 7-10 emails and two written letters and I STILL am not sure it is resloved.

If you get a solid answer on how current the documents have to be let us know, please.

I wouldn't trust that April date for tax returns.  Last year in January they were giving blue slips wanting to see 2003 tax returns. Some of the guys who hadn't filed yet were scrambling to get at least w-2 forms to their loved ones.

Hey Carl,

This shows that the Consulate is "out of touch with the real world" maybe. I NEVER receive my mortage statement before Feb.1 (3 different Co.s since 2000 too). I think that must be the deadline for them to send the statements out. Richard

Richard,

I don't know if you noticed, but at the bottom of the letter they say to combine and ask more than one question so as to cut down on the volume of emails :o :o So when you do ask more than one they don't answer them all :D So we send more email :huh:

Richard,

I don't know if you noticed, but at the bottom of the letter they say to combine and ask more than one question so as to cut down on the volume of emails :blink:  :blink:  So when you do ask more than one they don't answer them all :lol:  So we send more email :huh:

Prior to my retiring from the US Gov. we called this "Job security". Kinda like they leave out this part "I'm sorry I only answer zip code questions, the street address contact person is in the other building (and perhaps another state) and she just went out on extended sick leave".

In reality I wonder if maybe the people giving us answers are specialized to ONE area ONLY. The only two part answer I've gotten out of NVC had THREE sets of initials on it. The NVC paperwork I have in hand does not have a combine questions statement. The email statement is:

"Provide detailed desciption of case inquiry

e.g. case status

questions pertaining to case address updates, etc."

Seems to infer one type of inquiry at a time the way it is layed out on paper and my EXPERIENCES.

One last word DO NOT waste your time trying to change your address by email- if stateside- take a few days and CALL them.

I was also told by GZ that for Jun's interview (Jan 21) we WOULD NOT need 2004 tax returns OR W-2s.

Dear Mr. Jason,

Thank you for your email. For a K case, we need the affidavit support of I-134, it's better for you to prepare a new I-134. You don't need to prepare the tax return and W2 for year 2004.

Immigrant Visa Unit

Mr. Jason???

I was trying to find the thread earlier from about late January or February last year where they were talking about blue slips issued for not having 2003 tax returns or W-2s. It may have been a post that someone had read on 001 then passed along here. Maybe someone with a better memory than mine can dig it up. Perhaps they cleaned up their act but if you can you should at least send your SO a copy of your W-2 form if you have a late January or February interview.

Well, I will send it if I have it. But my new company will not give out W-2 until the 3rd week of Jan (Same week as her interview - maybe after her date) hard to email what doesn't exist.

I thought by law companies had until mid February to send out the W-2. How can they require something that by law we can be denied?

Then again... that can be government logic I suppose. I will just have to trust in the visa-fairy.