Certified copy of passport

What I can't figure out JP, is why you don't just send Jun the damn passport by DHL ~?

My understanding is that you can't go --- and have no immediate use for it.  She, of course can bring it back to you after her interview, which we all expect to be a slam - dunk!

Merry Christmas !

Simple... if we get a nightmare situation, and the VO takes my passport as they took MoonCarolCafe's driver's license. Then I need to go to China to try to help with the blue slip, but can't because I have to get a brand new passport... one with no prior visas or stamps.

Passport advice:

Don't carry your passport on your person when overseas. A black and white photocopy of the 1st page with your face and info on it is all you'll need, unless you plan on going someplace you know you will be requested to present it, like checking in at the hotel or for your 1st day in the job in a foriegn country. Leave the passport in a secure place at the hotel. Always carry the photocopy on you.

This is another example of the confusion that is caused by "winging it", at the embassy. All requirements for the interview should be made up front before you get to the interview, not after arriving at the interview. It's unrealistic to bring a large suitcase of documents to the interview. Some interviews are a quick and dirty 15 minutes. Seems like interviews that take longer, usually have an issue that the embassy could have requested before hand, but instead make you appear at the interview to request the documentation they need. Are all embassy's this way? I haven't seen any formal list of documents that need to be brought to the interview. If it exists, I'm sure I'm probably not the only one that hasn't seen it. Maybe we can make our own as a guideline.

Example:

Notarized Passport

Ex-Husbands photo taken with the daily paper.

Note from Ex-Husbands employer to prove he is still working in China.

Bring your husband to the interview with you.

...There are many more I can think of.

Jason,

I agree with everyone else about the sending the notarized copy to Jun.

Tell Jun I wish her good luck at the interview. :D