I just got e-mail notice of I-130 approval!!

Yes!!!!!

I just read the e-mail about an hour ago. I had to research a little about what to do, I didn't expect this. I know there's still some time involved here, but this could be better than an expedited K-3.

So, what do you guys think? I just go forward with both and see which one comes through first or will GZ cancel the K-3 and go with the CR-1? My thought is to let it ride and see which comes through first.

I know this happened to someone else not long ago, I couldn't find the post though. Does anyone have suggestions, advice?

Thanks!

Looking at other I-130 timelines it seems that it takes about 3 or 4 months to process and sent to Guangzhou to queue up for the inteveiw wait. But you might have a different waiting period, hopefully quicker, because of your situation.......I wish you the best

Maybe you should call the NVC tomorrow and see if they will quicken the pace also...............Good Luck :rolleyes:

Guest DragonFlower

In your case,I think your K-3 is good to go.

But I would keep on top of both,just in case.

The K-3 is going to put you at GZ sooner.

The battle will be lighting a fire under them.

I just got my I-130 approval,but the I-129f looks like 2 more months.

So it is about a wash for me.

The good thing is (with I-130),my wife will have a Greencard when she gets here.

Great news,Good luck

long

Congrats Mark!

It happend to us too, our CR-1 was approved prior to K-3. (I-130 approved 4 months after application, 2 months after being transferred to CSC, K-3 still no news) I would recommend you go both ways cause you already paid fee for K-3. And see which kind of interview you will get, if your CR-1 catch up with K-3, GZ will give you a CR-1 interview.(have to bring I-864 i/o I-134) Then your wife will be granted a greencard upon entry the States. That save you a lot of extra adjustment of status paperwork if she enters States using a K-3 visa.