New Airport In Guangzhou

I enjoyed the last two seats there, only moved once, to bad I didn't get the window, and what a view from the very back at takeoff, you think the planes a mile long :lol: I just hate the time getting on the flight after being up 22 hours :P wish they had day flights like China Eastern :P also due to the time you sleep through the first meal and there is no doggie bag for later when you do finally wake up and you just have to wait :D

Yes Mike and G-Man.

Board the #5 Airport express bus at the airport and take it to the Dong Fang Hotel. From there, take a taxi to the hotels on Shamian Island.

Remember that one of many nice features of the White Swan Hotel is that you avoid this, since they will pick you up at the airport free of charge. Best hotel in China, but at about $80.00 US more than twice the price of the Bai Ling (where we stayed) Still, for a genuine 4 Star, a steal!

And "Spot the Negro" is not valid when I'm on the plane, or on the day I arrive in GZ!!!

My fiancee learns most of her American English from watching

American movies and television.

When she hears a new phrase or word, she will repeat them

many times for pronunciation and then ask me "what does that mean?"

I dread the day when she flips the channel to Chris Rock on some Saturday

night.

:blink:

Guest blsqueaky

Oh Jeez, the new airport is now open. My poor Ling is going back home, and she will not even know her own airport, and she is arriving on NW, about 10 P.M. at night, and she will have to meet me when I fly in later, and I will not even know where to go. Thank you that all that I am carrying is a small carry on.

Don't worry blsqueaky. Its pretty easy to find your way once your off the Plane. After you get the Visa stamped you go down to the next level get your bags and walk down the long open hall. They have a waiting area for family to meet you after you get to the end. Just go to the Left of the Xray machine and your Honey will be there waiting. Its not too far from there to exit the building and catch a taxi or a bus. Nice open airport lots of Glass.

But people are right. The international gate doesnt open until 6-6:30 am if you are leaving the country.

I think I already know the answer to this question, but I just want to check to make sure.

Is there a hotel inside the airport? Or one right next to the airport?

I'm trying to plan a trip for February and, from what I gather, I would have to spend the night in Guangzhou because the flight gets there late at night then hop on a flight to Luzhou the next morning.

So, I was wondering if there's a hotel in the airport or a cheap place to sleep close to the airport so I don't have to waste a lot of money on cabs or busses and whatnot. Or will they just let you crash for the night at the airport?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Michael

I think I already know the answer to this question, but I just want to check to make sure.

Is there a hotel inside the airport?  Or one right next to the airport?

I'm trying to plan a trip for February and, from what I gather, I would have to spend the night in Guangzhou because the flight gets there late at night then hop on a flight to Luzhou the next morning.

So, I was wondering if there's a hotel in the airport or a cheap place to sleep close to the airport so I don't have to waste a lot of money on cabs or busses and whatnot.  Or will they just let you crash for the night at the airport?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Michael

I think you have several options.

Singapore and Cathy, from SFO, will put you in HK at 06:30.

On one trip to GZ I stayed at the Landmark and hired a limo, through

the hotel, from the airport for $10. Two well dressed drivers.

You may want to check Shanghai as you POE also.

Is there a hotel inside the airport?  Or one right next to the

So, I was wondering if there's a hotel in the airport or a cheap place to sleep close to the airport so I don't have to waste a lot of money on cabs or busses and whatnot.

IIRC a cab from the airport to the East Central Station (from where you can get to everywhere in GZ as well as parts of SZ and HK) will run you RMB50. Likely much less if you take a bus. AFAIK there are no hotels near the airport.

Is there a hotel inside the airport?  Or one right next to the

So, I was wondering if there's a hotel in the airport or a cheap place to sleep close to the airport so I don't have to waste a lot of money on cabs or busses and whatnot.

IIRC a cab from the airport to the East Central Station (from where you can get to everywhere in GZ as well as parts of SZ and HK) will run you RMB50. Likely much less if you take a bus. AFAIK there are no hotels near the airport.

Yeah, Don't worry.

I think 50RMB is a lot after I've been in country

after a few weeks.

"10 yen? Are you crazy?"

I find myself making a major decision between $2.00 and $2.20.

Wierd isn't it?

I feel you. It takes a bit of adjusting when you first arrive. Then you realize 8RMB for a can of coke is not highway robbery, and it's no big deal to walk an extra 1/2 block to save 5 jiao on a juicy.

Hagen Daaz is expensive as all get out. 45 yuan for a small container of ice cream? Homey the Clown don't think so!

On the other hand, 20 yuan for a taxi ride that would cost $20 in Los Angeles? Lemmie in that red/grey VW Bora!

I feel you. It takes a bit of adjusting when you first arrive. Then you realize 8RMB for a can of coke is not highway robbery, and it's no big deal to walk an extra 1/2 block to save 5 jiao on a juicy.

Hagen Daaz is expensive as all get out. 45 yuan for a small container of ice cream? Homey the Clown don't think so!

On the other hand, 20 yuan for a taxi ride that would cost $20 in Los Angeles? Lemmie in that red/grey VW Bora!

I got cranky at the Guiyang airport.

My Honey decided we should take the bus to town.

I wanted to take the taxi.

We saved $3.00.

No way to argue, we just had a great time.

:blink:

:lol: Yeah MCC .....

Fei has been experiencing "sticker shock" on everything in the two weeks she has been here ---- fresh choy sum in the local Chinese market about 12 times the price 48 hours earlier in Guangzhou..... Spending a lot of time looking at the grocery ads, and just shaking her head...

Then the other day: "OOOOHHHHH GOOD PRICE on Hagen Daaz~!!!"

:ph34r:

I've never been to the Guangzhou airport or Guangzhou for that matter. But my fiancee has. She has warned me to be very careful after leaving the airport to find whatever way I'm looking for to get from the airport to someplace else. She said there are tons of kids waiting outside to shove all sorts of advertisements into any open spot on your luggage or your clothes. They pretty much swarm you like bees. So she said don't put anything of value in your pockets because she said those little hands can grab things in your pockets as well as release things. The same thing happened to both of us in Shenzhen in September when we took the airport bus to the center of Shenzhen. We had been warned about the kids there already. Sure enough, as soon as we got off the bus, we were attacked by about 20 kids at once. When it was all over, I was pulling over 60 pieces of paper out of all four of my pockets and my suitcase's front zippered pouch. At one time I had four little hands inside all four of my pockets on my pants. I had removed everything from those pockets as soon as we boarded the bus at the airport in Shenzhen and put them in a travel pouch I wear around my neck. Be careful.