New Airport In Guangzhou

One of the great new airports of the world!

Tips: Airport Express buses --- much cheaper than cabs... Don't forget to pick up some free bottled water from the basket mid section (just in front of the middle exit)

REMEMBER ~! If you are catching an early flight out ---- DON'T BOTHER TO GET THERE EARLY!!! THE AIRPORT DOESN'T EVEN OPEN FOR BUSINESS UNTIL ABOUT 645 AM.

Two Candle couples already have posted about this: Unfortunately, Fei and I are one of them....

REMEMBER ~!  If you are catching an early flight out ---- DON'T BOTHER TO GET THERE EARLY!!! THE AIRPORT DOESN'T EVEN OPEN FOR BUSINESS UNTIL ABOUT 645 AM.

Two Candle couples already have posted about this:  Unfortunately, Fei and I are one of them....

...and I was the other. We flew in from Liuzhou the night before and decided to just layover at the airport thinking we could check in to our international flight three hours before (not in China). We had our luggage carts taken away from us at midnight (they were unlocked again at 5am), and we got hassled a couple of times by security because we didn't want to wait near the international gate. Otherwise, I do agree that it is a beautiful, state-of-the-art airport.

Just a little cramped by the lack of space from the seats in front of you. Good move if you can figure a way to have seats in the emergency row. Unlimited leg room.

Ken

Yeah, but they are next to the toilet on a 777. High traffic area. I opted for row 37. It is on the outside where the seats go from 3 across to 2 across. A little extra lateral room for both seats and the leg room isn't as bad as a domestic.