am i forgetting anything?

hey guys,

i am getting ready to go see my baby for 2 1/2 weeks. we are currently expecting P3 sometime in the few weeks,... we hope. just want to be prepared, and make sure i am not forgetting anything for now. Below is a list of what i am currently bringing to her now....

can you think of anything thing else for right now? I know that most the the "P3 list" of things can be gathered while waiting for P4.... those things i am not worried about.

Here's what i will give here when i see her:

1) a complete copy of the initial K1 app: the I-129F

2) the originals of all the photocopies i submitted with the I-129f, includes

- my birth cert, here birth cert, boarding passes, train tickets, etc

3) Copies of my NOAs... (she eventually needs the originals, yes?)

4) A CD with pics of each page i submitted with the I-129f. (I took digital pics just in case i ever lost my hard copies. :D )

does this seem complete to you at this point in the game?

thanks everyone in advance.

ryan

(just a couple more days before she walks into my arms... :D :D ... cannot wait)

hey guys,

i am getting ready to go see my baby for 2 1/2 weeks. we are currently expecting P3 sometime in the few weeks,... we hope. just want to be prepared, and make sure i am not forgetting anything for now. Below is a list of what i am currently bringing to her now....

can you think of anything thing else for right now?  I know that most the the "P3 list" of things can be gathered while waiting for P4.... those things i am not worried about.

Here's what i will give here when i see her:

2) the originals of all the photocopies i submitted with the I-129f, includes

- my birth cert, here birth cert, boarding passes, train tickets, etc

3) Copies of my NOAs... (she eventually needs the originals, yes?)

4) A CD with pics of each page i submitted with the I-129f. (I took digital pics just in case i ever lost my hard copies. :P )

does this seem complete to you at this point in the game?

thanks everyone in advance.

ryan

(just a couple more days before she walks into my arms...  :(  :wub: ... cannot wait)

Careful with those originals! I think that you need some of them (the NOA2 at least) for the AOS interivew (although it may be possible to get a copy of that one).

I think that more is better, but maybe you can read ahead to see what you will need later and not bring those with you!

I happened to have been there when the P3 came, and I had brought the following with me rather than send them.

3) Copies of my NOAs...

I did not bring the originals because I did not want her to have to keep track of these, as my intent is to be there at the interview, although it is hard for me to say this will happen, because of real life requirements. However, I figured I could always send them to her express mail if I knew I would not make it. Either way, at that time I will send or bring all the originals. Including an updated I-34 ( I have not done this yet as it is close to tax time) and more recent evidence of trips receipts , passport, etc.

You seem to be more thorough that I was, but I am comfortable with what I did, because I tried to make the I-129f complete as possible.

It sounds to me like you have everything, and very redundant. But what can I say, I sent a complete extra copy of the I-129f so the person would not have to make copies. Don't know if it was good or bad to do this, but it made me feel better.

One thing I did do was to read the forms as best I could for the P3, because I had to get more information I did not know I would need, which would have been difficult to get while in China. I forget what this was, but you should go over them and make sure you have the information she might need ready to fill the forms out.

Also while I was there, we had the translations done for her documents, the police report and single certificate. The English was incorrect, so I recommend checking the translations as well. My SO read about this stuff on the 001 bbs and so between us we figured it all out. The information provided here by everyone is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ps, thanks for the heads up on needing the originals for later. I will advise my SO to keep careful track. However, I always follow my rule when dealing with any government documents, if it passes through my hands, I make a copy to keep.

She doesn't need the original NOAs You will need them for AOS. It would be a good idea for her to have your original birth and divorce certificates with her but submit copies. Keep the originals for a back up in case they ask for them. Mainly what she needs from you for P-3 is biographical information ie brother and sisters names and addresses, parents names and addresses things like that. For P-4 she will need your financial information, notarized I-1134, bank statements, letter from your employer and anything under the sun you can think of to prove you have a valid relationship.

This hasn't come up in a while so it is worth emphasizing for K-1s.

Guard the NOA2 with your life.

It is required when filing out your AOS. If it gets lost, the only way to get another original is fill out a form, pay something like $125 and wait months.

$195.00

Your Welcome Don. I knew it off the top of my head, because they did not send me a NOA2 for our I-129 and that is what the USCIS "customer service" person told me to do. They thought it was a completely logical answer to my problem ;) Send them more money :lol: :lol: