DS 230 Part 1

I am trying to anticipate problems and avoid future "snafus." Our next step (hopefully) will be to tackle package 3. I have looked up the instructions on Rich Sun's Web Page. The letter to K/3 applicants says we have to complete and send back only PART 1 of DS 230. BUT the form itself refers to the importance of PART II.

As always there is always something opaque about the Guangzhou process! The I-129F and I-130 seemed easy!

Rup

Thank you all for the advise on the I-134 and DHL.

DS-230 Part I is what your wife will receive in the K-3 packet #3, along with other forms.

DS-230 Part II is of no concern.

It's always been a vague topic and I have never seen a clear answer to the reason for the Part II. People have speculated but none of us K visa petitioners or applicants needed to fill one out to my knowledge. It may be strictly for "immigrant visa" processing only and since K visas are catagorized as NIV's, we are not subject to this form or maybe the consulate in Guangzhou doesn't make use of it where other post do. Now I'm speculating...lol.

All the same, no need to be concerned with the DS-230 Part II. It's the DS-230 Part I that is of importance.

On the I-134, you're welcome. If you call DHL, be sure to dial the right number........ :lol:

Hello TYWY_99

Thanks for the info'.  Last week my worry over my wife being a Communist was based on the DS-230 Part II!!

Since then Song has left the Party.  Probably a good thing because the Guangzhou background check might have coughed-up that bit of info'

Rup

If you're concerned about that issue then search CFL for related topics addressing party membership. I think you will find the posts and replies interesting.

I'll say that it is not such a big issue as it sounds. I'm sure that CIS, and especially DOS, knows everything there is to know about both the petitioner and the beneficiary long before the interview is ever conducted.

Their main concerns in dealing with this issue would be not if an applicant was ever a party member but more to the point, what field of endeavor did they engage in.

just my 2 cents........... :D