Hey Owen, would you mind telling where you get your cool avatars?

I make them myself. I go to Google image search and find what I like and then adjust, clip, resize or whatever I need to do.

Kansas, the rock group also used this same image on their box set. That is where I reconized the man. He is on a lot of their album covers. Of course, I didn't know his name. Thank you for giving me a bit of trivia. :huh:

Phil

Hey Owen, would you mind telling where you get your cool avatars?

I make them myself. I go to Google image search and find what I like and then adjust, clip, resize or whatever I need to do.

Kansas, the rock group also used this same image on their box set. That is where I reconized the man. He is on a lot of their album covers. Of course, I didn't know his name. Thank you for giving me a bit of trivia. :huh:

Phil

I have met Robbie Steinheart a few times.

He was the violinist in the Kansas Band.

Its a long story, but he now or was residing in St. Pete FL.

Playing in a band called Steinheart Moon at a local bar.

Got his autograph on a creative loafing magazine.

Owen:

You'll have to forgive my ignorance! After all, I wrote that paper one heck of a long time ago. But I knew Pottowatamie fit in there somewhere. That whole area is loaded with history and I have been a big fan of John Brown since first studying about the history of that part of the country. He was a man who put his belief into action, without a doubt. Meant no disrespect with the Border Ruffian comment. :D

There was an old B Grade movie about this that I remember seeing several times. It was in black and white I think and, unless my memory fails me, starred Raymond Massey as John Brown. Did you ever catch this one? It was quite a classic with quite a dramatic hanging scene.

As for Kansas, the rock group, I think John Elafante, one of the leaders of the group, is now a recording artist on the Contemporary Christian Music scene. I seem to recall reading a book he wrote a number of years ago about his conversion.

Thanks for the history lesson. I really enjoyed it. History major you know. :rolleyes:

Osawatomie! That's right! Where the heck did I come up with Potowatamie? :)

Anyway, I am going to miss old John. I guess his body is now truly "a moulderin' in the grave". Actually, I did a paper on John Brown as an undergraduate History Major. Don't tell me you are descended from Border Ruffians. :o  :P

The Potowatami Indians are from the Lower Michigain, upper Indiana area. :)

Phil

Osawatomie is a hybrid word from Osage and Pottawatomie. The county is Miami. Nearby is Wea. Southwest of there is Wichita and of course the State is named from the Kansa etc etc all from Indian tribes.

Kansas was, prior to the Nebraska compromise, Indian Territory. Of course theirs for all time, until somebody else wanted it.