Lost in translation

You're white, your wife is supposed to speak English for interview.:):)

Hmmm.... so is my wife supposed to speak Basque or Sanskrit? :P

Ebonics would've been my guess since we're going with stereotypes.

Moon you do have your girl well versed in 'hood smack' right? (I have this absurd image of her interview starting with 'Whaddup!')

Damn, this means I've got to teach ShuPing German, Gaelic and Cherokee. Not sure which one the VO will ask her for.

jeeez!! i guess i better start working hard too... need to teach Edith Norwegian, Sweedish, French, Polish, and Finnish...

if any of you know a good start for learning these let me know... :) :P

It will be an interesting interview for my wife. She speaks English, Russian and Chinese. I can see her saying something under her breath in Russian during the interview. Since she now has a job teaching English, I hope this helps her improve her English skills.

Carl

Hmmmmm..

Quite humorous indeed. These replies bring to mind my family roots in this country before it was a country. Does that make me native American?

Seriously, I have reassured her that her English is fine and that these people talk to Chinese people with all levels of English proficiency every day and she should have no problem with communication.

Like I said, sometimes she just worries alot.

It will be an interesting interview for my wife.  She speaks English, Russian and Chinese.  I can see her saying something under her breath in Russian during the interview.  Since she now has a job teaching English, I hope this helps her improve her English skills.

Carl

Hey Carl,

Tell your wife to go in speaking Russian and when the VO asks her to speak Chinese or English, have her tilt her nose in the air and ask, "How are you supposed to judge my ability to communicate?"