Why do we have such a horrible system?

Jim,

I agree with you but I can't put entire blame on the VO. It is a mistake to put so much responsiblity on the VO, "separating the weed from chaff" kind of thing. If my neck on the line I would play safe too. "Separating bad apples from the good" should be done before inviting to the interview. FGS, they had 12 months (18 mos in our case) to check things out; what have they (agencies involved) been doing all this time? VO's got only 15 minutes; VO shouldn't be doing this kind of stuff. VO's job is to check to see if the interviewee matches with the approved documents. I don't have an objection to the VO's authority to weed out obvious bad apples at the interview, but as it is done today, VO is doing much more than that; they are questioning the legitimacy of relationship based on the applicant's English proficiency which, they insist, isn't a requirement for issueing visa. Gi'me a break! :unsure:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pure speculation on my part. I have no solid evidence to back it up but ever since the end of April and the begining of May when they brought in a new batch of VOs the blue slips seem to have increased dramatically. They used to be very rare but now are common place. I wonder if it isn't a deliberate attempt to stem the number of K-visas issued. All other immigrant type visas have numerical limits.