Nice to be here----anyone with CR-1?

hello everyone, it's so good to find a place like this. It seems that most of you guys are K1 or K3 people; for some stupid reasons, my K3 falls way behind my CR-1. Below is my CR-1 processing time-line at NVC, it is almost done and about to be transfered to GZ.

08/23 ---CR-1 petiton transfered to NVC

09/02 ---status entered into NVC computer and GUZ number assigned

09/20 ---DS3032 & bill for I-864 left NVC

09/25 ---received DS3032 & bill and immediatly sent back to NVC

10/1 -----NVC received DS3032 & I864 payment

10/4 -----NVC generated immigration visa bill ($335)

10/18 ---received immigration visa bill and sent back to NVC the same day

10/22 ---received I-864

10/23 ---sent I-864 back to NVC

10/27 ---NVC offically received immigration visa fee

11/04 ---Package #3 left NVC

11/08 ---received P3

11/15 ---sent P3 back to NVC

11/18 ---NVC received P3 and started to review all documents

Am I right that the following steps would be name-check(what is a name-check? check whose name? :D ), P4, and finally the interview? just like how it works for K1 and K3?

Steve&Wei, Welcome to Candle. My 130 has been approved and so now I also am applying for CR1. Got an e-mail confimation with a GUZ # from NVC last week. From this point, if everything goes right, I estimate around 5 months till interview. (knock on wood.)

Thanks for sharing your timeline. I will do mine soon. I got it on my "to do list."

thanks guys.

Mengxin, if 5 months can do it, I will be jumping up and down. But now I'm trying to find what kind of process will take place after NVC transfer the case to GZ. The thing is that if a name-check is also required for CR-1, just like the one for K-1 or K-3, then the whole thing will take much longer than 5 months. This is the worst situation I can imagine. However, if GZ deals with CR-1 in a different way (hopefully), for example, after reviewing the documents from NVC it sents P#4 immediately, then I guess 5-month would be a good estimate.

Anyway, I will keep updating my timeline and share any other valuable info.

here is a personal website constructed by a friend from another bbs. Maybe you will find it helpful for your up coming process.

Spousal Visa Help

The other day I was in a chat room on AFF when I was talking to a guy who used to work in the Visa office at GZ. He e-mailed me his number and we talked for a while. He said that the I-130/CR-1 process was much faster than the I-129/ K-1 K-3 process, :angry: so that is all I filed. All I can do is watch and wait to see where things go from there.

TTYL

Carl

Hi FanFan,

The name check for my K-3 took about two weeks at the National Visa Center, and the name check after Guangzhou recieved the P-3 back from my wife was about a month.

I hope this helps

Steve & Wei:

Welcome, and we hope you both have a good journey.

Yes, we are taking the CR-1 route also. We are not far along in the process, just received the NOA2 from VSC on 11/03/04.

However, we would like to keep in contact with other CR-1 members, to learn from their experiences. If we can help, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Pei Yun & Mark