A reported bule slip

A friend of my SO had her K3 interview Monday, Nov 8th. Two minutes into the interview she was given a blue slip. There were three items listed on the blue slip. I do not know the exact reading of those three items. Roughly speaking they were 1. Insufficient financial support. 2. VO suspects authenticity of marriage. 3. Fiancee does not speak English.

The VO appeared to be an American Born Chinese who spoke good English but poor Chinese. The wife being interviewed cannot speak any English.

Those reporting the results of their interviews here at CFL have not indicated if their interview was conducted in English or Chinese. Are all interviews now conducted in English?

The fiancees ability or inability to speak English is not the sole factor for the blue slip. English proficiency is not a MUST, but they can ask for evidence of how couple communicates (request for a videotape of couple communicating by any means frequently requested nowadays).

I've also been told they'll emphasize language difference to support "other ", nagging doubts. There's something deeper to than "no English"

When my wife went for her interview, she said she had trouble understanding the VO's English. Whether the VO's English was poor or what, I don't know, but she did say that the VO quickly continued in Chinese and this helped my wife to calm down from being so nervous. The funning thing was, that two of the three questions the VO asked her, she answered back in English ....... Go figure! .... :rolleyes: