forms GIV-24 and GNI-2

Guest jimcope

Guest jimcope

HI

On the forms GIV-24 and GNi-2 I am having a hard time typing on them for the computer . I have tried to scan them and save on word but the chinese comes back as a code and if i save them as a picture they are ok but can nont type on them.

thanks jim :lol: :lol: :lol: help

There is a PDF addon for MS Word that allows you to save a doc as PDF file. I think I got it from the Office CD or maybe from Microsoft download website. Once you do this, you can then open it in ADOBE editor (if you have it) and place free from text fields in the appropriate places to type (the same thing I have to do with that new I-134 form).

Don has posted a pretty good set of P3 docs here.

His copy of the GIV-24 is in Adobe Acrobat format, and quite clean (but not fillable).

If you have your doc scanned in, you can import it into any graphics editor, or even Word and add your own text.

In Word (XP/2003), insert the image, double click on it, then hunt for the option "Behind Text".

I tried the Canon E-Copy Desktop that has a pretty good OCR... It sure made a jumble of the Chinese :P

If you get an extremely clean version of the form (or send me a very clean original), I can try to make it "fillable" in Adobe Acrobat. Should it be on 11x17 paper?

Unfortunately, Adobe won't like a lot of Chinese characters being input.

---- Clifford -----