I-134 evidence

I already did my I-134 in june of 2004 when we recieved our package 3. I had letters written by my bank and my employer, and my last years tax return. Now, all of the letters are outdated because they fall outside of the 45 day window. I am now in the process of redoing my I-134 so it is current.

I had my forms notorized at the bank last time; However I noticed in the instructions that the affidavit can be affirmed at a BCIS office, should I go to a BCIS office to have it done there. think it will have any more benefit than just going to a notary??

The next thing is, in section II of the I-134 instructions. the second paragraph states, " Evidence should consist of copies of any or all of the following documentation listed below that are applicable to your situation." Last time I did my I-134 I was able to get the letter from my employer and the bank. this time I went to the bank and they said that they changed their policy on writting such letters since the last time I was in. They could only provide me with a print out of the accounts with balances and opening dates. they could not put anything in writting with stationary or signatures.

So my question is this, If my tax return shows that I make well over the amount set forth in the minimum requirements to sponsor my fiance, and I have a letter stating that I have been gainfully emloyed with the same company for ten years, how important is the bank letter?

I am cosidering just adding the current statements from the bank as addendums to the letter that the bank wrote in June, think that will work?

:angry:

Don't worry too much over this form. If you have a steady job and and have an income that meets or exceeds the established poverty guidelines then your'e AOK. Just attach a proof of employment and salary form your employer along with the recent tax return to your notarized I-134. That simple and that easy!

-good luck

another I-134 question.

In the fillable form I found online question 11 states:

11. That I intend __do not intend____ to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3.

(If you check "intend," indicate the exact nature and duration of the contributions. For example, if you intend to furnish

room and board, state for how long and, if money, state the amount in United States dollars and state whether it is to be

given in a lump sum, weekly or monthly, or for how long.)

The boxes on this question on the fillable form are unchecked and the following stament is added:

N/A ( K1 visa process for permanent residence )

is that the way I should do this? (I am filing K-1 btw)

:(

But, #11 says "(Complete this block only if the person named in item 3 will be in the United States temporarily)".  The whole purpose of this process is to bring her here and marry her and she will stay here permanently.  So, I did not fill out this section.  B)

Is this the new or old form? I don't see the "temporary" part on there???