Received EAD renewal card yesterday

It really sucks that there is so much disparity in processing times for the different regional service centers. While I am very happy that I live in Portland where the process is very fast I don't understand why Atlanta and others are so slow.

Still waiting on our EAD here.. B)

Bobby, I noticed that you filed for EAD in April. After 90 days, you can get an interim EAD. We did this for Jingwen and the kids - just went down to the USCIS office with the receipt notice indicating that it had been more than 90 days, and they issued one on the spot.

It really sucks that there is so much disparity in processing times for the different regional service centers. While I am very happy that I live in Portland where the process is very fast I don't understand why Atlanta and others are so slow.

Tell me about it Carl! We are at 18-plus months since filing AOS and not a peep out of anyone. Li called the 1-800 number last week and was given no valuable information of any kind. Plus, most people have that 13-digit number so they can checks status on line. We have no such number. When asked why we didn't have that number, the 800 person said, "Well, some local centers don't give those out." Yeah, but Atlanta is a Regional Center!

So when asked if it is correct to assume that some people get the 13-digit number and some don't, the answer was, "That is correct." :angry: <_< ;)

"So some people are given the right to check their case status on line and some are not?"

That is correct. <_< :blink: