US Consulates in other countries

I was a bit curious about this too (with respect to Russia) so I thought I would look it up.

There are several countries that do not actually process visas. Russia processes all visas in Moscow despite having several embassies.

Here is an interesting link to Russian and former USSR Processing information:

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/consular/wwwzivem.zip

Moscow - All of Russia PLUS Turkmenistan

Warsaw Poland - Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia and Lithuania

Almaty Kazakhstan - Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyz Republic

Tbilisi Georgia - Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan

Helsinki Finland - Finland and Estonia

Bucharest Romania - Romania and Moldova

Well, my experience has been different. Most of my family members are "ok" with the idea, but Mom is against it. You must know that my my mom is from the "old country" (Greece). She will get use to it I suppose. She too was once a young woman entering the US. My father brought her into this country (he was born in the US) by way of marriage. Some of my friends are fine with it, but I few are strongly against it. Wu Zaza and I met in Shenzhen 18 months ago (I was living in Shenzhen) and we have been living together pretty much for the entire time. 10 days ago, I proposed to her in front of about 150 people at the V-Bar (Crowne Plaza in Shenzhen). It was cool. The band put me on stage and I proposed to her. It was a surprize and in my speech, I got a little choked-up. By the end of the speech, Wu Zaza was crying and so were most of the girls in the bar. Wu Zaza continued to cry for about 1/2 hour. She was soooo happy and you know what....so am I. I love her dearly. I can't wait to get her here and brew up a Chinese / Greek / American child. Although, I do respect my friends / family opinions, in the end it's only Zaza and me that matters.

Hummmm......... Robert.........

"........... although the Ukraine girls really knock me out, and Kyrgyz is always on my mind............"

.... Kyrgyz wouldn't be in Georgia (former USSR state) would it ??

"Georgia always on my mind" ?

And Robert: "the Southern girls really knock me out when I'm down there"???

..... Spoken like a true Southern Gentleman, of a certain age...

I doubt whether those embassies are very busy processing a lot of K visas although the Ukraine girls really knock me out and Kyrgyz is always on my mind.

Don't forget. Russia is a larger country than China (in square miles), and apparently is processing all of the K visas at one Embassy.

It has been a while since I've looked, but I believe that China, Ukraine, and Russia were the top 3 countries for family sponsored visas. It may have been:

1 - China

2 - Russia

3 - Ukraine.

However, the numbers are not that different. Certainly China is less than Russia and Ukraine combined. You can look it up on the BCIS page if you are interested.

----- Clifford ------