awaiting interview

Guest haggisgood2001

Guest haggisgood2001

brand new to this forum. hopefully someone can help me with some advice. Basically waiting for my fiances interview since July 1, 2004. I called the DOS today (11/03/04) and they still said there was no interview scheduled.

She talks on a website called 001 and has found people who have been "behind"us in the process but who have already gotten interview and are even in the US now....

Can anyone give me an approximate guideline on how long we must wait?... Original application was in July 2003 w/ no problems along the way....just waiting...

thank u

Dave

Hi Dave, welcome to Candle. Has your fiancee received P3 yet? If so, did you ask DOS if her name check has been completed and if she is eligible for an interview? If these things have occurred you should email the Guangzhou consulate and ask for a status. With a July, 2003 application date you are past due for an interview.

I hope you can receive some good news soon.

• 1 month later...
She talks on a website called 001 and has found people who have been "behind"us in the process but who have already gotten interview and are even in the US now....

Can anyone give me an approximate guideline on how long we must wait?

No. I don't think even the Consualte can tell you when. If your paperwork has been sent to the consulate, all I can suggest is the OCCASIONAL letter to the visa section, KINDLY reminding them that you are waiting and that you appreciate thier hard work.

Edit: Note that I said "letter", and not "email". I sent mine via DHL, and each one was a short example of ass-kissing sweetness.