Thank God for The Nice Lady

After at least 30 attempts, and a hold time in excess of 1 hour (thank goodness for ATT Wireless unlimited nationwide long distance), I finally got through to the DOS-CA info line, and was lucky enough to be helped by The Nice Lady. As always, she was very helpful and pleasant. Although I don't have a clearance yet, she told me that my fiancee's name was resubmitted on December 30, which is some good news, at least.

Yesterday, when I was served by the lady who does not want to be bothered with case numbers, I was told that my case did not even exist in the DOS-CA system!!!!!!

After at least 30 attempts, and a hold time in excess of 1 hour (thank goodness for ATT Wireless unlimited nationwide long distance), I finally got through to the DOS-CA info line, and was lucky enough to be helped by The Nice Lady.  As always, she was very helpful and pleasant.  Although I don't have a clearance yet, she told me that my fiancee's name was resubmitted on December 30, which is some good news, at least.

Yesterday, when I was served by the lady who does not want to be bothered with case numbers, I was told that my case did not even exist in the DOS-CA system!!!!!!

It is unfortunate we have to deal with some people that dont want to work, refuse to work and makes everyone they deal with unhappy to work with them.

Ahhhhhhh, live such as it is.

Dont let her unhappieness ruin your life or happieness.

Just remember, when we have our loved ones here, we will be very happy.

But, she will still be very unhappy.

It is her choice to me miserable, not ours.

Keep the faith, next call might be better.

Hey, like you, yesterday I got the lady that said "your case number is probably pending, and it probably won't help to look it up." Today I got the nice lady. I wonder if it is always better to call on Tuesday instead of Monday. Still no clearance for me, but today it was confirmed that my fiancee's name check was resubmitted on 12/31.

Marc

Hey, like you, yesterday I got the lady that said "your case number is probably pending, and it probably won't help to look it up." Today I got the nice lady. I wonder if it is always better to call on Tuesday instead of Monday. Still no clearance for me, but today it was confirmed that my fiancee's name check was resubmitted on 12/31.

Marc

The nice lady's name is Sara.

Then there is Greg, also a great guy.

These 2 need a party given to them after this is all done.

I will be glad to coordinate it.

Guest Silverion

Yes, I was just going to say the same thing Mark. Btw next time you talk to Sarah just tell her how helpful and polite she is and ask if you could call her directly. She used to give her direct number.

Greg goes even as far as pulling up additional details, such as where your case is in the process :) . He stopped saying how many checks are still left about a month ago (with the exception, rarely, when there is only one left) but still can hint on how long you have to wait. Greg has not on my experience given anyone his direct number, he usually just tells you to request to be transferred to him from the main 1225 number. But I think I have figured out his number. He's on vacation this week. Next week I'll check if my guess was correct :)

Yes, I was just going to say the same thing Mark. Btw next time you talk to Sarah just tell her how helpful and polite she is and ask if you could call her directly. She used to give her direct number.

Greg goes even as far as pulling up additional details, such as where your case is in the process :) . He stopped saying how many checks are still left about a month ago (with the exception, rarely, when there is only one left) but still can hint on how long you have to wait. Greg has not on my experience given anyone his direct number, he usually just tells you to request to be transferred to him from the main 1225 number. But I think I have figured out his number. He's on vacation this week. Next week I'll check if my guess was correct  :)

Ahhhhhhhhh!

Another Sherlock.

hehehehehehe

Every time I talk to Sara or Greg I always let them know just how much this group appriciates what they do for us.

Guest Silverion

Personally I think they are that polite because they are motivated by us. I remember when I did my first few calls I got in turn lady with accent, then Sarah, then some guy (not Greg). Accent lady just yelled at me. I heard about her but it was still a surprise for me. Sarah was not too polite as well I think at that time they were getting main heat about visa delays. But I was very polite to them and now everyone I talk to at DOS are very polite and helpful. I do not even call main line anymore. I call either Sarah or Hale or Kathryn Cabral (voicemail, usually Greg calls back).

Sherlock Holms cannot even compare :) It took me whole evening to figure out. Prob DOS still wonders why .... ( :) :D :D Can't tell it's just too funny and stupid at the same time :D :D :D ). It would be hilarious if I indeed found Greg's number.

Tex, had anyone ever previously told you that your case had not been resubmitted? I keep praying that there is some kind of glitch in the database system, and that our case has actually been resubmitted, even though I have been told otherwise.

I sure wish someone would tell me wtf is going on...

Marc

The nice lady's name is Sara.

Then there is Greg, also a great guy.

These 2 need a party given to them after this is all done.

I will be glad to coordinate it.

I will help you too. Both of them have been our life-lines during this ordeal. They told me they would love to meet this crowd once this is all over.

Charlotte

David,

Not only had they told me my case had not been resubmitted, but that they couldn't even find it in the DOS-CA database!!!!!!! That was yesterday, and the person I was dealing with was not Sarah (The Nice Lady), Greg, or the lady with the Indian accent, but the lady who likes to give information without knowing the case number. I would be curious to know who you talked to, but I would call tomorrow and see if you can get to Sarah - she is extremely helpful, and a real credit to DOS.

Mick,

Thanks for the e-mail, and I think she will be calling soon.

Yes, this morning that lady told me she can not find my fiancee's name or case. I called again an hour late, a nice lady told me my case was approved and calling back letter was sent out on 1/6.

Good thing is really coming to us.

Interview:8/6

Good luck!

Frank