Much confused is me!

First, let me apologize for posting this. I know this has already been discussed here because I remember reading about this several months ago. But I can't remember the details and I've searched through the posts but I can't find the topic again.

Anyway...

I'm going the K3 route, so I submitted the I-130 (CR1) and then the I-129f because everything I've read said the I-129f will make it through the system faster.

Well, I just checked the USCIS website and my I-130 was transferred from TSC to CSC. And the CSC is now processing cases from September 2nd, 2004. (I filed in May/June.) I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet but I'm assuming my case will be approved.

Meanwhile, the NBC is still working on cases from March 25th, 2004.

So, the way it's looking (unless I'm totally off-base with this) is that my I-130 will be approved long before my I-129f.

Now the question becomes, what do I do if that happens? Do I just forget about the I-129f? Do I have to notify anyone to stop my I-129f? Can I get my money back for the I-129f? Will there be any effect if my I-130 is approved but my I-129f is still "running"?

Anyone out there know anything about this?

Much appreciated.

~Michael

Guest DragonFlower

The LIFE act invented the K-3 so people waiting for the I-130 approval could come to the states and wait.

I-130's routinely took 2 to 4 years.

Now someone has got their act in gear on I-130's.

At least at VSC and now CSC.

The CSC time for your I-130 will begin when CSC recieves it.

long