Best way from Guangzhou airport to city center?

Guest Long_strider

Jim, I 've taken a taxi and the bus from the old airport to city center. No subway that I know of.

Haven't gone into the new airport that is much further out.

The bus was 2 yuan. The taxi, as I recall was more like 40 yuan.

long_strider

Here comes the expert. :P

From GZ new international airport to downtown area, I would suggest the shuttle bus.

Take the one to the Dong Fang Hotel (RMB16 per person), and then take a taxi/subway from the Dong Fang Hotel to where you are going to stay for the nite.

Or you can tell me which hotel you are going to stay then I can let you know which is the best route.

A taxi ride from the airport to downtown will cost around RMB100. You can bargain, but the average is 100 and you'd better do it before you get on the taxi. If you are going to take a taxi, do take the yellow one branded "Guang Jun" (Your MM will be able to tell cos the brand is in Chinese). The "guang jun" taxi drivers are locals and they are more reliable. More importantly they know the way.

BTW, I'll PM you my contact No. Feel free to call me whenever you need help in GZ. :angry:

Welcome to GZ!

Bon voyage!

Thank you everybody for your help! Especially Yvette, the Guangzhou expert!! :lol: That's great to know about taxis being around 100 RMB, that's reasonable. I think that's what we'll do. Hey Kim, yes, we are staying at some place near "the" train station, unfortunately I don't know which train station :P My sweetie will know all that stuff (she's en route right now, I'll be RE-UNITED with her on Monday). Very excited :wub: Anyway, thanks again everybody!

Thank you everybody for your help!  Especially Yvette, the Guangzhou expert!!  :angel: That's great to know about taxis being around 100 RMB, that's reasonable.  I think that's what we'll do.  Hey Kim, yes, we are staying at some place near "the" train station, unfortunately I don't know which train station  :o My sweetie will know all that stuff (she's en route right now, I'll be RE-UNITED with her on Monday).  Very excited  ;)  Anyway, thanks again everybody!

Ur very welcome. :o Anyone who's coming to GZ just let me know, I'm always ready to help. :o

If you are going to stay at the youth hostle close to the GZ railway station, you can take a taxi from Dongfang Hotel to the place, it will be around RMB 7-10 if the traffic is fine. But it's the trade fair time it's hard to tell. :o If you take the subway from Dong Fang Hotel to the train station, you only need to get off the subway at the next stop. Take the one towards "san yuan li" and get off the train at "guangzhou huo che zhan" (GZ railway station). The broadcasting system on the subway will let you know where you are at. It's 2RMB per person from Dong Fang Hotel to the GZ train station. If you are going to the GZ east train station, that's another story. I'll tell you how to get there when i'm back tonite. :o

Good luck on your journey. :o