I have the completed I-130, G325A (her and mine) and I-129F forms already filled out and signed. I have a copy of her prior divorce decree, a copy of her half of our marriage certificates and 6 passport type photos of her. What else do I need to bring back or need to do?

1. Do I need to have her divorce decree and our marriage certificates translated into full English text?

2. Do I need a copy of her birth certificate and then translated?

3. Do I need to provide supporting evidence of our relationship along with the I-130 and/or I-129F (i.e pictures with her and her family, plane ticket stubs, joint credit card statement, etc.)?

Advice please!!! Thanks...!!!

Jarrod

You don't really need the Birth Certificate, but it's not a bad idea to keep in your records at home. I have B/Certs. for both my wife and Step daughter.

As far as translations go, you will need all documents that are "Not In English" translated and certified. Do it in China because the rate in the US is a little higher.

Good Luck!

Guest DragonFlower

HI

If she has a passport,get a notarized copy or two.You are married,you can use an IRS form W-7 to claim her on your taxes.Saves you some money and it is good evidence of a relationship,(W-7 form and instructions on IRS website).

The" White book"official Chinese government notarized translations are the best,maybe since you do not have much time,she can have them done and send them to you.

Good luck

long

Her passport will already be in both Chinese and English. No need for translation.

As for the I-130 & I-129F, Follow the instructions very closely! Do your best to not read into what they are asking you to do. If you do all this, then you will be OK.

Side note, make sure you have a copy of everything you send USCIS. After more than 400 days on my I-130, I get an RFE to submit documents I had sent them before ......... :blink: :blink:

The most important thing is the I-129F. This is your wife's ticket to not having to wait 2 or 3 years for the I-130 to complete processing. I know some have had better luck getting the I-130 in less time, but why gamble!

Good Luck!

TRANSLATIONS.....

I have a question about the requirement that documents be translated.

The instructions for I-129F state "...foreign language document must be accompanied by a full English translation...".

The OF169 sent from Guangzhou states "...documents not in English, or in the official language of the country...".

Is this a contradiction? Or, is it that each form or package has its own requirements? For example, since the I-129F is filed in the US then everything must either be in English or translated. The document package with P4 is filed with Guangzhou so English OR Chinese is acceptable?

Is that correct?