Sharing my anxiety

We are not going through GZ. So, may be that is why our P3 and P4 contents were a little different. Now I'm a little worried. I cannot find anybody who had their K3 processed at that particular consulate. So, I'm just sharing my worries with all of you. Please feel free to share your opinion:

Our P3 consisted of only the OF-169 (checklist) and a DS-156. My wife was instructed to send back only those two. Soon after, we got our P4 (much sooner than you guys). Our P4 consisted of another "reminder" checklist, DS-156, DS-157 and DS-158 forms, medical exam instructions and the appointment letter telling us the date and time of our interview.

Now, where I'm getting a little worried is - I have no idea exactly when my wife's background check was done. I know that EVERY K3 applicant MUST go through a security check. Now, in case of a female applicant from Bangladesh, may be the security check right after I-129F approval is enough (?) I don't know! :angry: Let's say her background check has been done, then why ask for DS-157 and DS-158??

She's been scheduled for Oct 24, 2004. The appointment letter has a line that reads something like this - "Bring all the documents listed on the interview date. If you do not bring them, you will not get a visa." I'm afraid that she'll go to the interview with very high hope only to be told that her background check is not done yet :angry: She'll be so heartbroken that it's not even possible to describe with words. As I said - I have no reference person who can let me know how things usually go in that consulate. So, right now I have nothing else to do but wait for the 24th and worry.

Sorry if I seem to be rambling on and on. I know that a lot of you don't even have an interview date yet. I just wanted to share my anxiety with friends here. Thanks for listening.

It's a bit curious that they are asking for the DS-158 which relates to work history. Maybe your particular embassy/consulate reqires this of all visa applicants. The other forms appear to be in sync with what GZ asks for, so I wouldn't be too worried about the DS-157. Here's a link that explains the use of the various forms: http://www.foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam...am/0941103N.pdf. You'll note that some of the forms have to be used; others can be used at the consulate's/embassy's discretion. But, one thing I've noticed about the whole visa application process is that the Office of Redundancy seems to carry a lot of weight. I don't know how many times we supplied the same information - but do make sure that it is, in fact, the same information. It would be a real shame if you answered the same question differently on the various forms.

I would not be too concerned about the background checks. It is rare that something pops up at the last minute requiring further checks, but I've heard about re-submissions where there was a problem with the name, etc.

Seems to me that if your wife provides all of the information requested she will have done everything that was asked of her. Best of luck to you.

Frank,

If you were in front of me, I would shake your hand, only because your comments put me in ease so much that I can't explain :) Thank you very much.

I've read the entire website of the U.S. consulate in Bangladesh, and you are right - they do require ALL 3 forms for ALL nonimmigrant visa applicants. So, it makes sense. My wife was never employed and the consulate actually didn't send the second page of DS-158 (work history). And if you say that I shouldn't worry so much about the other forms, then I won't. Because worrying now will just ruin the great feeling of having an interview date, right?

As for the information in various forms - I follow a method to reduce the risk for messing up. I keep a copy of EVERYTHING that I ever used. And once I have to fill out a new form, I cross-check with all my previous forms. This has helped filling in information as "educational institutes and dates". Really, who ever remembers when you actually started college??!! But at least our dates are CONSISTENT in all the forms. So, I'm hoping that everything will go on the 24th.

Thanks again.