I-130 Sent to CSC from NSC

Guest Gene

I got this today :o :o at NSC it said wait time was about 520 days so they sent it to CSC to speed it up a bit :rolleyes: :P Not that it makes any difference, I just find it amusing :D :D

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: LINXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

On October 6, 2004, your I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was received here for processing. It is taking between 990 and 990 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Gene, The 130's out of CSC are moving really fast now. They changed their visa stragety the beginning of July. Since then, it seems approvals have been popping up left and right. My 130 is approved already and on it's way to NH. Hopefully the rest of the service centers will follow suit. The only thing I worry about now is with the flood of 130's flowing through what it will do to the log jam in GZ. It can't make things any better that's for sure.

Hi Doug,

We sent our (I-129)P-3 back mid September, so if it all goes along as it has been we should get an interview date in maybe February. So I just found it somewhat amusing that the I-130 is moving along now. If it had happened five months ago I would have been excited. Also my processing time(NOA1) from NSC was 520 days and the processing time(NOA1) from CSC is 990 days. I understand I will probale get a (I-130)NOA2 in a month or two, but the processing time for a CR-1 is about 4 months at NVC before it is sent to Guangzhou and then wait for the P-4.........................

When this all started the I-130's were taking so long they came up with the I-129 program......so why have they let the I-129 program get so bogged down and now start processing I-130's faster???? :unsure: Why not pick up the pace with the I-129's??? Since that program was created to help familys be together quicker :D There is no logic there. MSC for married K-3's has moved forward about a month in the last six months..... It just dosen't make sense and I have to keep reminding myself that I am dealing with the government and it makes sense that it doesn't make sense :blink: :D :o ....Does that make sense?? :D :huh:

I am really confused now, I need to run to the store and get some cheetos :D

I'm a little confused about it too I guess. I see that all K1's require a 129F that goes to the nearest service center. That's it.

K3's are for us married folks that fill out either the 130 that goes to the nearest service center and the 129F that always goes to Missori. Which everone gets approved 1st is the one you go with. The later one gets dropped.

Why would a 129F be referred to as a K3? They should say the 130 is the K3. That is really the big difference. Married K3 should come before Fiancee K1. The visa priority is still the same. #1.

I really was at a very discouraging point only 2 weeks ago. Now it's all been erased.

I recommend the guacomole sauce with them cheetos.

I was told that the I-129 started out as a Fiancee only visa and the married people had to go the I-130 route. Then they decide that it was not fair to make the married people wait(I-130 used to take a couple of years). So instead of coming out with a new form they started allowing married people to use the I-129. Why they still have to file an I-130 I do not know, because like you said it gets dropped after the I-129(K-3 Visa) is approved and you have to file the AOS(of course they still get your money for the I-130).

I can understand your excitment for getting the I-130 for you are moving ahead now, were as before there was no light at the end of the tunnel.

But as I see it they are wasting time processing my I-130 that could be devoted to speeding back up the processing times for the married I-129's at the MSC, to get the system working in the sequence it should be.

Then lets open this can of worms a little more. Why has the Vermont service center always been able to process a I-129 at about two weeks to a month? Hell, I have seen some go through in nine days. When I started this process the Nebraska service center was about three to four months behind Missouri and Missouri has all but stopped and Nebraska is four months ahead of Missouri.

It is really all a moot point now because the big bottle neck is at the consulate and I think it is all politicly motivated. One of the largest countries in the world and there is one consulate processing visa's?

Anyway after all of this rambling, I am really happy for you getting your I-130 approved, your moving along and that is what we all want is progress, not this "unknown" with no one to contact and at least get a good excuse, you know I ran out of gas, I had a flat tire, my dog ate your file.........Whatever.....Something!

Take Care Doug and :unsure: Congratulations :blink:

K1's have no choice, the 129F is Fiancee. it's manditory.

K3's have a choice, either I-130 or the 129F. (F) must stand for fiancee, why it's referred to as the new and improved K3 is beyond me. Anyway, K3's choose to file both, because the 1st one to the finish line wins. Lately it has been the 129F winning all the "Approval" races. So when you file both forms it's not because you have to, you do it because it increases your odds of a timely approval.

Geez I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about. Scarey!

Just when it looked like Nebraska was speeding up, I also got transferred to California. But I am optimistic about the prospect of getting both the I129- today is day 180 since NOA1- and the I130 approved within the next few weeks. By the time of the interview, the I130 will probably be in Guangzhou (or Portland?). At the current pace, I am looking at April or May. However, I did read that GZ is adding staff and expanding facilities. May the bottleneck break open like a floodgate.

I'm a little confused about it too I guess. I see that all K1's require a 129F that goes to the nearest service center. That's it.

K3's are for us married folks that fill out either the 130 that goes to the nearest service center and the 129F that always goes to Missori. Which everone gets approved 1st is the one you go with. The later one gets dropped.

Why would a 129F be referred to as a K3? They should say the 130 is the K3. That is really the big difference. Married K3 should come before Fiancee K1. The visa priority is still the same. #1.

I really was at a very discouraging point only 2 weeks ago. Now it's all been erased.

I recommend the guacomole sauce with them cheetos.

Just a little point of clarification, not that I know any more than anyone else. The K-3 was designed to allow the spouse to come to the US while the I-130 is pending, it being assumed that the K-3 would be processed more quickly than the I-130. In some instances, the I-130s are processed faster, so it is possible for the spouse to come to the US as a conditional permanent resident on a CR1 visa. If this happens, the K-3 application is no longer needed.

But, if the K-3 is granted first, I don't think the I-130 "gets dropped". While I think it is true that a K-3er can file for the I-485/AOS before the I-130 is approved and thus bypass the I-130 process, some USCIS offices are extremely slow in processing the I-485/AOS, so it may be possible that the I-130 will still get approved before the AOS does. If so, the K-3er might choose to go back to the foreign embassy/consulate for the I-130 interview.

Those who have gone through the K-3 process probably know a lot more about this than I do.