Will my I-134 be strong enough?

Guest spiketv

Guest spiketv

Hi everyone -

My wife's K3 interview is set for Oct 20, 2004. I'll be sending her the I-134 this weekend. I have a question about the strength of my I-134:

My household size is 5 (including my wife). According to the 125% rule, the minimum income is about $27K. I have a full time permanent position that pays $52K. But due to the facts that I have to support a big familyand I've been doing this job only for a year and a half (right after my college graduation) and I am the sole provider - I was able to accumulate only about $15K in my bank account. I also don't have any property under my name. The house belongs to my dad.

My question is that with a $52K job and $15K bank account, will my I-134 be strong enough for my wife's K3 case?

Thanks in advance.

:) Welcome Spike :P

I have heard that just as long as your income meets or exceeds the the amount on the table and your job is not temporary that it will work just fine.

I hope you are planning on sending it "nextday" regular mail will never get there in time.

Guest spiketv

Thanks Gene :)

The letter I got from my employer actually states the type of position as being "Full time, permanent". So, I guess I'll be OK. Any problem if 2 of the 3 tax returns show shitty income (for a college student)?

I plan to FedEx it to her. So, I think I'll be fine :P Thanks again.

I have heard of situations where an I-134 disclosing numbers a lot less strong than yours was more than sufficient. If you're worried about it, think about a co-sponsor, but it sounds like you meet the requirements. The more important financial document will be the I-864 that you will have to execute when your wife adjusts her status after she arrives in the US.

Good luck at the interview.

Guest spiketv

Bryan -

First, good luck on the 18th. Second, I'm not going through GZ :) May be that’s why our requirements are a little different.

My wife's OF-169 said:

Bring any kind of document that shows and says that wife will not be a public charge. Then, they *recommended* an I-134 with 3 years of tax return. So, I have to send her 3 years of tax return.