Still alive...

Hi All,

Well I'm out here with my fiancee and I'm still alive. I'd been burning up with fever (yesterday it was up to 38.3 C). I woke up this morning and not having taken any medicine all night I'm back down to 36.9 C all by myself. :lol: I think this is about normal, though my grasp of Celsius is still tenuous.

Being sick overseas is painful, and it sorta ruined my mid-autumn festival experience. We went to a park in Foshan and it was very crowded. I just kept thinking I was going to drop to the ground from fever. :lol:

P.J.

Hi All,

Well I'm out here with my fiancee and I'm still alive.  I'd been burning up with fever (yesterday it was up to 38.3 C).  I woke up this morning and not having taken any medicine all night I'm back down to 36.9 C all by myself. :D  I think this is about normal, though my grasp of Celsius is still tenuous.

Being sick overseas is painful, and it sorta ruined my mid-autumn festival experience.  We went to a park in Foshan and it was very crowded.  I just kept thinking I was going to drop to the ground from fever. :D

P.J.

PJ,

Take care. Fever is serious. Make sure you take your medicine.

Guest jinping/larry

Hi PJ,

I have been to China 4 times,and every time,except the last time, I went I got Flu type sickness.

I started taking "Beta Glucans" from the health food store, about 2 weeks before I traveled to China last time. Didn't get sick. It boosts your immune system.

If you could get some there, it might help you some.

I know exactly how terrible you feel.

Take care,

Larry

l I'm out here with my fiancee and I'm still alive.  I'd been burning up with fever (yesterday it was up to 38.3 C). 

Being sick overseas is painful, and it sorta ruined my mid-autumn festival experience.  We went to a park in Foshan and it was very crowded.  I just kept thinking I was going to drop to the ground from fever. :D

P.J.

Hey PJ,

I wish a speedy recovery for both of us. I realize you have limited time here however. I presently have an infection of the nasal cavity, ear and eye and my brand new denture devise from the US is giving me blisters. Guess you could say I'm almost "Senseless" right now. I asked my wife for a new head last night and she says she can only find 'em in Chinese models :lol: A little funny looking on a blue eyed, blond haired original model chassis. Anyway GET WELL SOON! Richard

Hi All,

Well I'm out here with my fiancee and I'm still alive.  I'd been burning up with fever (yesterday it was up to 38.3 C).  I woke up this morning and not having taken any medicine all night I'm back down to 36.9 C all by myself. :D  I think this is about normal, though my grasp of Celsius is still tenuous.

P.J.

My quick and dirty formula for converting C to F and etc in my head is:

F = (2 * C) + 30

C = (F - 30) / 2

However, if you want to be precise, you must use:

C = ((9/5) * F) + 32

F = ((5/9) * (F -32))

A temp of 37 would be "normal" (98.6)

Your temp of 38.3 is about 101... enough to be very unpleasant... not bad enough to head to the hospital.

If you hit 39 (102.2)... start considering seeing a doctor.

If you ever hit 40... (104)... then you had better head to the hospital.

Good luck and I hope you feel well soon.

----- Clifford -----