Went to US Consulate today

Went to GZ to register my passport so they know I'm here for Candy's interview. Everyone was really nice to me there. Chatted with a lady in ACS about the hurricanes in Florida.

Navigating the consulate was a bit on the confusing side. I was never quite sure where to go and where to wait. Fortunately, I was happy to discover that I didn't end up having to wait in the long line because I am a US Citizen. :D It didn't seem quite fair that there was a non-moving line of 40 or so people and I showed my passport and hopped pass all of them. Oh, well, I have long known that life isn't fair.

Also, what was said about needing to take in transparent bags, transparent folders, is definitely true.

Chatted with a guy who's starting the process, has no idea what's going on. I tried to direct him to this website, don't know if he'll ever check it out or not. Didn't write it down for him, neither of us had a pen.

We went shopping in Guangzhou afterward. That was fun. Bought stuff until we ran out of arms to carry it all. :angry:

P.J.

Went to GZ to register my passport so they know I'm here for Candy's interview.  Everyone was really nice to me there.  Chatted with a lady in ACS about the hurricanes in Florida.  

Navigating the consulate was a bit on the confusing side.  I was never quite sure where to go and where to wait.  Fortunately, I was happy to discover that I didn't end up having to wait in the long line because I am a US Citizen.  :D  It didn't seem quite fair that there was a non-moving line of 40 or so people and I showed my passport and hopped pass all of them.  Oh, well, I have long known that life isn't fair.  

Also, what was said about needing to take in transparent bags, transparent folders, is definitely true.  

Chatted with a guy who's starting the process, has no idea what's going on.  I tried to direct him to this website, don't know if he'll ever check it out or not.  Didn't write it down for him, neither of us had a pen.  

We went shopping in Guangzhou afterward.  That was fun.  Bought stuff until we ran out of arms to carry it all.  :angry:  

P.J.

Thank You!!

Hey JP,

Don't feel bad about moving to the head of the line. In Washington DC you are going to be the one in the long line waiting to get into the Embassies of several other countries...(while of course, their citizens walk right by you).....

And if you need a good cold local beer, don't forget the guy with the Avacado Green refrigirator (sure hope he's still around...)