Well, a K-1 visa is called a "fiancee" visa. Fiancee means someone who you are engaged to - and you have to submit a statement saying it is your intent to marry within 90 days, so yeah it is kinda required you be engaged prior to requesting that visa.

But your other point is valid. Gossip can be an ugly thing. Of course she also posted it on a public messageboard and in doing so opened herself up to public scrutiny and opinion.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Jeikun...I agree with you...  if they are engaged, then they should not date someone else.

but K1 isn't really equal to Engagement, otherwise, K1 would be considered an immigrant visa, and it wouldn't set a 3 months period to let the 2 of them determine whether they are suitable to each other.

the time and effort involved in k1 sure make it seems to be up there with engagement, at least in my mind it is. i'd be so bummed out, pissed off, depressed if that was happening to me. i'm with jason on this one.

Yeah Jeikun...I agree with you...  if they are engaged, then they should not date someone else.

but K1 isn't really equal to Engagement, otherwise, K1 would be considered an immigrant visa, and it wouldn't set a 3 months period to let the 2 of them determine whether they are suitable to each other.

the time and effort involved in k1 sure make it seems to be up there with engagement, at least in my mind it is. i'd be so bummed out, pissed off, depressed if that was happening to me. i'm with jason on this one.

Yes, I wouldn't want my fiancee to fool around while waiting for the visa.

sure, time, energy, money etc involved into visa process... but it doesn't guarantee the 2 of them will have a sucessful marriage...

so... what are we going to do? should we set up a website called 'shame K1 Visa cheaters'?

sure, time, energy, money etc involved into visa process... but it doesn't guarantee the 2 of them will have a sucessful marriage...

so... what are we going to do? should we set up a website called 'shame K1 Visa cheaters'?

It would be worst if the gal is a K3 waiting to go to USA. Then she committed adultery. Does China punish people for adultery?

It would be worst if the gal is a K3 waiting to go to USA.  Then she committed adultery.  Does China punish people for adultery?

yeah... the man and the woman would be chipped to pieces alively, they would be alive till the last minute the executioner dig their heart out.

cool, isn't it?

Pretty much the same...................but the executioner goes to jail. :D

I see Marty... so... for the good of the executioner, the husband, the wife, the inamorato... let the K1 go dating with someone else before marriage then...

Enight:

She did phrase it as a question. But she has been around some time and each time she been posting it as a question.

To me, she is engaged. She mislead Eric into loving her. She mislead the 6 year old into believing that she would be the new mommy. She, at the same time is sleeping with Richard. I would call that cheating. Maybe to some woman that is acceptable, esp. when they are going through the long K-1 or K-3 process. Call me old fashioned. It just piss off, cause the motivation is money. If there is a decision to make, make it before the engagement.

It is a public forum on Yahoo China. I am sure you can find it there. I certainly would not post some one's personal message. Posting a link would not be helpful. That forum is much more heated than the RR we used to have. It is not the loving caring 001.

On top of everything else, I am not trying to judge any one. We all have flings and lady friends or guy friends that occassionally... Even occassionally we may do things and do accept a few harmless gifts...

Well, I am a fan of Car Talk, but not a fan for their counsel "Doit, Cheatem and Howel". I like to keep it quiet.

My two cents on this is that a K1 visa is a fiance visa. Therefore a couple must be engaged, first and foremost. Secondly, even if the couple is not engaged for one reason or another, this is a very serious processes. It is not to be taken lightly. Two people must work as one to successfully see it through. Finally, I was always taught that I should honor & respect women. For this reason I do not believe in dating multiple people at the same time, no matter what the reason. However, I think men and women can be friends. However, there is a line that cannot be crossed. To me dating is a commitment not to see anyone else. It also has to do with self-respect too. Not everyone shares that opinion of course, but in a situation like this - it I think it should be mandatory.

Anyone who does not know what they want should not consider this process. If they wish to date around then fine -- but don't engage in this process, since it really is meant for sincere couples -- not for players.

The other thing that came up was the possiblity that this person maybe in the K3 process. Getting marriage, and cheating on that marriage is plain wrong. There is no two ways about it, and no excuses for it either. The process should be immediately terminated if such things come to light.

My two cents.

Enight I have always enjoyed your posts and for the most part found your arguements convincing. I have to say though in my oppinion you are dead wrong on this one. Like everyone else said, they are engaged. The fact that a K-1 visa was filed for proves that, She should not be seeing other men. Secondly she wrote it in a public forum so it is fair game to post anywhere. If it had been a private message then it would be unethical to post. I would never write anything here that I would worry about being posted elswhere.

If you look at the history of the K- visas, and how Congress considered the process, and wrote it into law after WW 2, I think you will find that its intent was to provide a means for CURRENTLY COMMITTED GI's to bring their war brides and fiancees to America.

That it was to be an exception to the rules, to end the hardships US troops had when they fell in love overseas, and then had to stay there if they wanted to be with the one they loved (how ironic that we have several couples in exactly the same situation today... over 50 years after Congress passed the first K visa law..) ...

Pretty clearly, I think, Congress never intended the law to be an opportunity to "shop around" --- the 90 days for the fiancess visa was, I believe, simply so that the loose ends of the marriage (planning etc.) could be tied together ---- not so that each party could try the other party out --- wasn't intended as a "test drive" but rather as a period to secure the necessary documents for the "sales agreement"