How many times did you open the package?

ok, ok I know. It's only been a week since my I-129 was delivered to Vermont. Just wonder if anyone can tell me how long is the typical wait to receive a receipt with case number?

I opened the package twice before I sent it, sure I had missed something. After going all over it again, I was satisfied it was right. Then, just before I mailed it, I got this thought in my head "OMG I didn't put the check with it." I wanted to rip it open again and make sure. (Despite the fact I clipped it to the folder with 3 paperclips) I picked a bad week to give up Vodka <grin>

Jim

Mine was about a week. I sent it USPS Registered. It took 3 days in transit and then a couplr of days for the NOA 1 to be issued. I am thankful I was able to file in Vermont. What state are you in?

...and yes, you are in like compamy. We all know that this is nerve racking. WELCOME!!!!! Hang in there!! :D

Jim, Since you sent your I-129F to Vermont, I'm assuming that your case is a K1. All K3 I-129Fs go to MSC. Anyway - when I sent my K3 I-129F to MSC, I didn't send it certified, so the check that I had sent was the only way to track any progress. It took 9 days for MSC to process the check and on the 14th day, I got my NOA1. So, give them one more week (if you haven't received your NOA1). I had sent my I-130 to Vermont. It took about 9 days to get the NOA1. Good luck.

EDIT: OOPS! I didn't see your timeline. :) You ARE a K1. Good luck man.