income verification

Guest Joseph & Hua

Guest Joseph & Hua

i-134 paper for income verification asks for adjusted gross income. I have an excellent tax preparer who is able to write almost my entire income as tax deductible. Now, of course, this shows that i do not even make close to the minimum income amount, although I make a more than decent amount that is more than adaquate. I travel so much for my employment that I do not know anyone well enough to ask them as a co-sponsor.......Would anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to get past this?

Guest DragonFlower

Ahh,I also,had this dilemna.For a few years you may need to show more income,pay more taxes.I know it hurts to give a blind eye to those former deductions,but it is one way to meet your UNCLES demands.The IRS never says you have to take those deductions.If you find a better way,Good.If not,well it is a way to achieve your goal.

long

i-134 paper for income verification asks for adjusted gross income. I have an excellent tax preparer who is able to write almost my entire income as tax deductible. Now, of course, this shows that i do not even make close to the minimum income amount, although I make a more than decent amount that is more than adaquate. I travel so much for my employment that I do not know anyone well enough to ask them as a co-sponsor.......Would anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to get past this?

Being able to show how much money you have deposited in the bank, how much income you have (taxes or no), your assets (savings account, posessions, stock) etc... can all be taken into consideration. If you have enough assets to make up for 5 times the apparent deficit in your income, you'll be fine.

I will have a household of three when I immigrate my mm and her daughter. My income is just over $25,000.00, plus I receive over $15,000.00 per year income from a family investment portfolio. I believe the minimum required income for a household of three is just over $19,000.00)

I plan on getting all the requirements (bank statements, deposits, letter from bank, letter from employer stating income , plus a notarized letter from my accountant verifying investment income account....is this enough..anything else to add to this pile?

I also have a tax transcript directly from IRS....with the last three years income

Should i be okay with all this?

A couple of questions if I may. What paper are you referring to? It's been a while since I took a hard look at the I-134, but I don't recall adjusted gross income coming into play. I believe that even the I-184 only looks to unadjusted income.

Even if adjusted gross income is to be used, did you check with your tax return preparer to determine if he/she was taking deductions from income as opposed to adjustments to income. Most business expenses are deductions from income and do not effect adjusted gross income.

wow, how does your preparer do that?

I too have a great tax preparer. He takes every "legal" deduction there is for my business. Espeically after making some larger purchases the last couple years - new work van, etc. But it leaves me showing little income. So it puts me in a bind and may have to go the sponsor route or get a "real" job. :)

I too have a great tax preparer. He takes every "legal" deduction there is for my business. Espeically after making some larger purchases the last couple years - new work van, etc. But it leaves me showing little income. So it puts me in a bind and may have to go the sponsor route or get a "real" job. :angry:

i wonder if financial statements for your business including a cash flow statement would help. i don't know how into it these v.o.'s get, but lots of businesses have better cash flow than net income.