O.T. From what I have read

Guest blsqueaky

Guest blsqueaky

Okay everyone, I am placing this one here for now, and Don or PJ, move it where you think that it should be.

I am writing this since I have seen comments about pulling up the carpet, make it wood, do much work on the house, spend money. I just want to say, do you not want to think that you wait till your SO gets here, let her see your living arrangements, and then maybe make the changes. You might not have to make any at all.

I am saying this because when Ling arrived here, she saw my place, all wall to wall carpet. She has also told me not to get a lager place since we are always gone, why pay more for a place that we not see. When she takes shower, she puts curtains in , makes sure that no water gets on the floor, when she cleans, same thing. Now and then when we stop at a hotel while on the road, she does the same, even tho the floor there is tiled.

I guess that what I am saying, everyone is different, and they adapt in their own ways. Maybe I am just lucky, and Ling is learning so fast, so I guess, give them a chance when your other SO gets here, let her know.

Remember, my wife runs with me on the road in a dayum semi, and if she can adapt to that, then maybe your's can adapt to your home life. Since Ling has been here, all that she has asked me for is "LOVE ME", and nothing else, and this is all that I need. She has even finally got to the point that she can walk into the store, finds what she want, and pays.

Again everyone that is getting ready to get their better half here, let them see. You might just remodel, and they not like, and then again, when she arives, she likes your place the way that it is.

Mark and Ling

Guest blsqueaky

Se_lang, thanks. This is something that I have seen. I have talked to many others here and I have found out, let them SEE.

When Ling arrived we talked about buying a house, but it was nixed, why buy house here when in 5 years buy one in CN, then pay for 2, did not make sense

Good advice,  I am taking it one step farther I am waiting until she gets here to buy a house :(

That's what I did. Wait until she got here and by a house. That is when the fun begins! Just tonight I rearranged the living room some and I can tell from my wife's expression that she didn't care too much for it. That's okay though, in a relationship there has to be some give and there has to be some take. Just last week I found a nice, old baby crib that would make a good fence for a compost pile. I'm trying to figure out how to deal with the trash. Burn the paper in some barrels I have acquired and throw the perishables into the compost pile. Instead, my wife took the remnents of the baby crib and made herself a makeshift "shoe rack" out of it. I said nothing,,,just bit my lip and said nothing. Now, if I can tolerate that then she shouldn't say anything about where I want to put my couch and TV!...

Obla-de Obla-da,,,,life goes on, yeah!!............ :)

Guest blsqueaky

Dayum, I am so lucky, no buy house she like this place. What am supposed to do. She is starting to bring out some of the chinese out with her,, but mostly, she is doing just so dayum great

Here's another one to ponder.....

When my wife and her daughter argues, I know it can be heard across two hills and three hollows!( hollers as we call them here in Dixie). Yes, they are loud and they don't care. I just stay out of it, sometimes hopping into the car and go! I try to tel them to keep it down, y'all can be heard from all over! They don't listen to me. I have horrid visions of the KKK coming up on horseback to burn a cross in my front yard!

Just the other day, I went to the small community post office to mail my step-daughters I-485 when the lady postal clerk said, " I have something to show you." It made me wonder. She came back with a letter and said does this belong to you? I looked at it and it had a Chinese name on it which I didn't know. I thought immediately, "Oh boy, we are known in this rural community now, word spreads like wildfire!"...lol

I guess that what I am saying, everyone is different, and they adapt in their own ways. Maybe I am just lucky, and Ling is learning so fast, so I guess, give them a chance when your other SO gets here, let her know.

Well said mark.

My wife has repeatedly stated that I do nothing until she arrives.

So, I will only do the things she will not agree with. :)

Whatever you do will be changed. And changed again. And again. Again. Keep your money in your pocket and have your SO make the changes needed so she feels the house is hers too. Michael posted something very profound about this...something I too learned the hard (and expensive) way.

When my wife and her daughter argues, I know it can be heard across two hills and three hollows!( hollers as we call them here in Dixie). Yes, they are loud and they don't care. I just stay out of it, sometimes hopping into the car and go! I try to tel them to keep it down, y'all can be heard from all over! They don't listen to me. I have horrid visions of the KKK coming up on horseback to burn a cross in my front yard!

Just the other day, I went to the small community post office to mail my step-daughters I-485 when the lady postal clerk said, " I have something to show you." It made me wonder. She came back with a letter and said does this belong to you? I looked at it and it had a Chinese name on it which I didn't know. I thought immediately, "Oh boy, we are known in this rural community now, word spreads like wildfire!"...lol

What state do you live in?

What state do you live in?

HE hE, Sound kinda like a "homey" huh James??