JM was on the phone with her father yesterday. It was a long chat. I figured they hadn't talked in a while so they were catching up. But, NOOOOOOO......

After the conversation, JM said he got his visa. WHAT???? What visa?????

JM has this little habit of always changing her mind and our plans. The last idea was for her to go to the consulate with her father and help get the B2 tourist visa. Seems the papers I sent were in order so he went on his own.

The process worked much like the K-1 visa. They took his papers while he waited outside. Then, he was called in for an interview which lasted five minutes.

1. Are you married? Why isn't your wife going with you?

2. Have you ever traveled outside China before?

3. Do you have money in the bank? Who will pay for your trip?

4. Who will you visit in the US?

5. Do you own a home?

BLAM! Six month tourist visa in hand two hours later. Just amazing.

what papers did you have to send in ? I want to get my mom here for a visit too.

Honestly, I don't remember. Just go to this site and follow the letter of the law. Be obsessive in the detail by providing more than they ask for (passport and visa photocopies, etc.) Worked for us, it seems.

Chengdu Visa Instructions

BTW: Both Robhon and I can attest to the great service in Chengdu. They never...ever...failed us. In fact, they've bent over backwards to help us in our unique time of need. JM's dad went there, and once again, did right by us.

Ya.i heard Embassys in Beijing and Shanghai are kinda of...er..tough, but easier in Guangzhou and some other cities. Well, we live in the territory which goes to Beijing. I will try though. Las vegas is fun..i am sure my mom would love it. She might empty her pockets in one minute though! Thanks!

Empty away!!! We love the revenue! <_<