Latest news post on the GZ website

Has anyone one seen the latest news post on the GZ website? It's an interesting post. It says:

IV Processing Continues As Normal

Contrary to rumor, the Immigrant Visa Section has not stopped processing any category of immigrant or quasi-immigrant (K, V) visa. Due to the recent installation of new computer software and U.S. biometric requirements however, case processing requires more time. Therefore, applicants may experience a longer wait for their interview. This delay can be expected across the board, i.e. in all visa categories.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

IV Processing Continues As Normal

It's also interesting to know that our visas are now referred to as "quasi-immigrant" visas :angry:

At least they have given us the courtesy of posting such an update.

Guangzhou ... you're welcome for my patience and understanding ... all 3 months of it since we returned our P3, and still no P4 or interview date ........... :angry:

I saw it, interestingly the announcement also states:

Along with your photo we will be collecting an electronic image of the fingerprints on your two index fingers. The process is very quick.

Q: How will you take the fingerprints?

A: We will collect two fingerprints from each applicant using a scanner. No ink is used, and the process takes about 30 seconds to 2 minutes.