"Sir, I'm a Federal employee."

Hey,

K-3/I-129f question here.

I got my NOA-1 for my I-129f about a month ago. But everytime I try to check the case status online, it gives me an error message saying that it can't find my case number.

The NOA-1 receipt number for my I-130 works fine but not the one I got for the I-129f.

I also called the phone number and it also said it couldn't find my receipt number.

Then I talked to a guy at USCIS and he couldn't find my number in the system, either. He just took my info and said he would file a report and I should get something in the mail in 30 days.

I asked him if there was any way he could find info for me or give me some clue as to what's up with my case number and he said no. I said, "Thank you, Mr. Wizard" then hung up.

I was just wondering if this is common or if anyone else has experienced this?

Is there usually a delay between when you get your receipt number and when you can track it online?

Land o' Goshen, I'm starting to get the vapors!

I think that whoever is updating files as they are processed is either on vacation, was trained to push the wrong buttons or spending to much time at the water cooler. My file was approved June 30th, I have yet to recieve a NOA2 and it still shows in process on my online account. I called the NVC and they recieved it July 8th, so it is progressing, but I would like a NOA2 in hand. Of course when they are progressing one days files in a two week time frame, who knows what is happening. " Help Mr. Wizard" :blink:

Guest jimcope

Hi this happened to me a few months ago, what i had to do was start usning my guz2004 number that is the numbe that china will use. One is cale a reciept number and the other is called a case number i think any way i could not use my reciept after they gave me a case number. I called just like you did and the person gave me my new case number. because my reciept would no longer work.

JIM