New I-130 Statement

No I-130 is necessary to adjust status from a K-1 to conditional permanent resident.

:angel: Really? Are your sure???

About as sure as anyone can be given the government's instructions. If I remember, no I-130 is needed for a K-1 fiancee who enters the US and gets married to the petitioner within 90 days. An I-130 is needed if the marriage takes place after the 90 day period:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/lpreligibility.htm#d

No I-130 is necessary to adjust status from a K-1 to conditional permanent resident.

:angel: Really? Are your sure???

About as sure as anyone can be given the government's instructions. If I remember, no I-130 is needed for a K-1 fiancee who enters the US and gets married to the petitioner within 90 days. An I-130 is needed if the marriage takes place after the 90 day period:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/lpreligibility.htm#d

Yup, that's is how I undertood it just the I-485 and all that goes with it. K1 doesn't need I-130. At least that is the way I filed for Adujsutment of staus.

Does this partially explain why 130s in Ca are moving like gangbusters? Mine was filed in Feb 2003. They were 1 year behind, Feb 2002, at that time.

When they posted their times at the end of June, they went from June to Aug processing times. Their latest processing times moved them from Aug to Sept 30 2003.

At this rate, I expect to get the I130 before the 129F, since the 129 is moving 1-4 days per month.

PF

Okay...letter finished requesting for the I-130 to be pulled. I talked to the Benefit's Center yesterday who confirmed everything shared here. My bad. The gal didn't think it would screw up the AOS process...it just cost me the $130 which can't be returned. No problem...

Once again, thanks to everyone!

BTW: Our AP? The Benefit Center is processing April 17 dates (we're March 24). When I called 30 days ago, they told me to wait 30 days to have paper in hand. Yesterday, they told me we'd have it in 30 days. <_<

BTW: I'm confused. Why does the Benefit Center and the local service center process APs? Vegas is processing I-131s from July 1, 2004...what's up with that?