Public relations

Guest honeybabe

Guest honeybabe

So much depends on the individuals who work our cases, and yet I am hearing of complete abuse on the part of the petitioner to ward the case workers.

I am processing a I-130 and I-129f for my lover and wife in China.

I am polite to the case workers because they are just workers. There feelings can be hurt and their moral non-existent is their day is spent recieving abusive emails and phone calls.

Some of the email comments I am seeing on this site directed to GZ are enough to make any worker not really care.

We should be polite and kind and speaking to them with a pleasing attitude.

They should see only the great joy and happiness that we all have having found our love.

HOWEVER, I agree this is a rediculus situation. Our anger and ridicule should be placed where it belongs- Congress- the Administration (whichever party is in power,) and and the public at large.

for my next post:

Consider as an arguement for Congress:

Our responsibility to the American people to prove we are not derelict individuals who cannot support our honeys without welfare; but on the other hand with it as general knowledge that generally a family in America cannot support its self with only one of the working, it takes two or three jobs to support a family. Then why does it take so long to get permission for the immigrant to work?

Charles of Nevada

we are waiting for the P4 July 10.

Charles,

You are absolutly right about treating the workers in our govt with respect. If you do so, you have a greater chance of being treated the same way. Never raise hell as it will hinder your efforts.

The reason they are not worried about your economic status is that you have sworn that you have enough income to support the immigrant.

Charles,

I don't think any of us will intentionaly abuse the people in GZ. As a whole the folks here are smart enough to realize it. There is no profit insulting the individuals who have so much control over our situations.

We can, however, send emails that will expose the weaknesses of the process without antagonizing individuals in GZ. If you know of specific instances where this is not the case can you tell us?

Charles,

You are absolutly right about treating the workers in our govt with respect.  If you do so, you have a greater chance of being treated the same way.  Never raise hell as it will hinder your efforts.

The reason they are not worried about  your economic status is that you have sworn that you have enough income to support the immigrant.

The I-134 is a teaser. The I-864 is the more binding and imtimidating of the two forms. You do actually sign your life away on this form, or more like "putting your head on the chopping block"...lol. I liken it to child support, and that is for 40 quarters which translate to 10 years!

Oh Yeah.....Uncle Sam will make you pay, pay, pay!...................... :lol:

Actually, I believe the I-864is for the immigrant logging 40 quarters of consecutive work(10 yrs.), which potentially could be more that 10 years.  

P.J.

The I-864 is your signed commitment and obligation that you, the sponser, will support the immigrant until the immigrant becomes a US citizen, can be credited with 40 qualifying quarters of work(10 yrs.), departs the US permanently, or dies.

I have been paying child support for 12 years and this year(Dec) I will be done!...YEAH!!! To pay again, I will be used to it...lol, BUT!,,,I am happy to say that me and my wife are doing extremely well and we will do extremely well for the rest of our lives!...I love her very much and she loves me!

That's the way it is suppose to be.....dui?......... :)

I think sending a nice happy fun letter won't impress them, but sending a nasty one would. Most of the people working at GZ are just workers who do their best given what they are given to work with. It's likely whoever sets the policies, makes their funding and manning decisions etc. fault that things are so slow - not the guy or lady who gets to read all of the angry emails.

So just like in any customer service type job, when you are constantly bombarded with complaints, but you yourself are powerless to do anything about it yet are forced to offer some kind of responce to these complaints you can understand the person becoming hard-hearted and even bitter about it.

For example: When I was working in a pet store, people often complained about our prices. Some just mentioned "You're a little high aren't you?" some went on tirades lecturing me and quoting every price other stores had, how ridiculous it was... etc etc. At first I apologized, tried to explain I wasn't the one who priced them, assured them I would pass their concern on to the owner (which I did - and he had no interest in lowering them "we're selling QUALITY - price isn't the issue"). Of course, upset customer #29 had no idea that they were saying the same thing that upset customers #1-#28 had said - or that 2 of them had said it the same day. Objectively I should keep that in mind, and when they were polite about it, I was able to remember "This is an individual and isn't responsible for what everyone else has said to me". So I gave them the best polite explaination I could. But when someone was rude... by that point they just might have gotten "LOOK LADY, I JUST WORK HERE!" and what I was really thinking, I shouldn't even put in print.

I think most of what people say negative about GZ HERE is just us venting because we are surrounded by people who share our frustrations, and should be taken with a grain of salt. From what I've seen most of us are polite, and try to convey our disappointment without being rude or confrontational when actually writing GZ.

It's easy to get angry and frustrated, but one should use caution in who they vent to. If it's someone who is partially responsible, or someone who is in a position to help you - fine. If it's just to a generic address, it's probably going to someone who can't do much - but has read 60 complaints already that day, and is probably ready to whack a delete button on someone. A petty responce? Maybe. An understandable human reacton - yep. Unfortunately none of us are special little acorns, we're just names and GUZ numbers like the 3,000 others.

I imagine working in GZ is a nightmare, and despite my situation I can't help but have some empathy for them.

Respect is an interesting word. To me respect is a 2 way street . Most people treated with respect, respond with respect. Most of those who have answered that the case should workers should be treated with respect have been fortunate enough to get thru the system without significant delays. I waited five months for my NOA2 from the California office without one whimper on my part. Their respect for me is to receive the same treatment at the NVC. My K1 petition arrived at the NVC on June 7, 2004 where it still sets without any suggestion that it ever be processed. The canned answered is "WHEN it is completed you will be notified".

The NOA2 states "the processing should be completed in 2 to 4 weeks". Then the statement " If it has been more than four weeks call 603-334-0700". The implication being that if it has not been processed in four weeks, let us know and we will try to correct the situation. What a joke. This is where one finds out about respect when they call this number. After following the directions on the NOA2 one is politely told to go to H--l. The standard answer is that since 9/11 we have been totally overloaded. Don't dare to embarrass this poor over-worked and under-paid worker why it is that many cases are processed in 10 to 20 days if they are so overloaded. Do ALL government workers treat ALL people with equal respect? For me the answer is fairly simple. There are many good government employees who do a good job day in and day out. And yes these employees are treated with respect as they should be. Unfortunately there are just as many bad employees as there are good ones. These people have no respect for anyone or anything. Do these workers deserve to be treated with respect? I suspect people on the west coast have much less respect for government workers than those on the east coast. If I were one of those who were fortunate enough to be waiting for processing at GZ I could be more generous with my respect. In the real world most people are treated with the respect they have earned. If the government worker is not treated with respect, too many times it is well justified.

I have seen many horror stories on this forum. I can't help but wonder how much respect these unfortunate people, who have been totally dumped on thru no fault of their own, have for any government worker. This is a system without oversight or recourse. I have never read where those who are victims of an abusive system are abused less when they act in a more respectful manner. The INS could be the poster child for the old saying "absolute power corrupts absolutely"?

Thanks for putting up with my venting.

I totally agree with you to treat EVERYONE with respect, no matter how they treat you.

However, the current practice for visa processing is ridiculous, and I will point that out to anybody who is willing to listen. And, yes, that is what I point out to our congressmen with any interaction with them.

In our case, it took over 6 months for NSC to do it's initial processing. And, I got that 2-4 week note about NVC.... It took 1 1/2 months there. Then, or application got stuck in Moscow for over 10 months.

I seriously doubt there was ever any real "security" concern about Irina. Yet, we had to wait for over a year and a half for the interview to be scheduled. And, unfortunately, in that time our relationship fell apart, and I lost over a year of my life to government bureaucracy.