About to file AOS, confused about 1 thing

I am preparing to file for AOS. I am confused about the requirements for copies of previous divorces. I have looked at Eric’s checklist and the original thread and I am seeing some conflicting information. I have done a search and am still confused.

Since we are both previously divorced, I am trying to figure out what to include. Here is what I am seeing:

I-485 filing instructions: As far as I can tell it is not even asked for. Am I missing something?

Eric’s original thread: Both (mine and hers)

Visajourney.com FAQ: Not mentioned

Visajourney.com AOS Filing Tips: Hers

I am looking for feedback on what other people have done where both were divorced. At the moment, I am leaning towards including only her divorce with translation. Also, since we had to include both with the I-129F, why would it be needed again? That’s why I am pointing out I don’t see the instructions even asking for it.

TIA

I am preparing to file for AOS. I am confused about the requirements for copies of previous divorces.  I have looked at Eric’s checklist and the original thread and I am seeing some conflicting information. I have done a search and am still confused.

Since we are both previously divorced, I am trying to figure out what to include. Here is what I am seeing:

I-485 filing instructions:  As far as I can tell it is not even asked for. Am I missing something?

Eric’s original thread:  Both (mine and hers)

Visajourney.com FAQ:  Not mentioned

Visajourney.com AOS  Filing Tips:  Hers

I am looking for feedback on what other people have done where both were divorced. At the moment, I am leaning towards including only her divorce with translation.  Also, since we had to include both with the I-129F, why would it be needed again? That’s why I am pointing out I don’t the instructions even asking for it.

TIA

I gave them a copy of Jingwen's notarial divorce certificate, but my intention in giving them this document was to provide evidence that she has sole custody of the children since the divorce certificate has this information in it. I did not give them a copy of my divorce decree.

Like you I did not see anything in the instructions coverning any requirement related to prior marriages. :unsure: Other than biometrics scheduling, I haven't heard anything back from CIS.

Divorce proof is required by any person that has a prior marriage wife or husband or both. we just went to our aos interview and they did want to see my divorce proof my wife has never been married before but that was a question that was asked to both of us. i believe send in as much info as possible.

good luck :huh:

Hmmmm on the line where it says to put your name in your native alphabet. I would presume this is the married name. Is it necessary? If so then I would also assume she use phonetic Chinese characters for her new last name.

So the question is do I need to get this civil surgeon thing done before I send in the rest of the papers for AOS or wait and take it to the interview?

Form I-693 Medical Examination Sheet (not required if you are applying based on continuous residence since before 1972, or if you have had a medical exam based on a fiancé visa)

Note that the vaccination supplement accompanying Form I-693 is not included on this internet posting. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have sent the vaccination supplement directly to the civil surgeons for them to photocopy, fill out on behalf of each applicant, and attach to Form I-693 for submission to USCIS.

So the question is do I need to get this civil surgeon thing done before I send in the rest of the papers for AOS or wait and take it to the interview?

Form I-693 Medical Examination Sheet (not required if you are applying based on continuous residence since before 1972, or if you have had a medical exam based on a fiancé visa)

Note that the vaccination supplement accompanying Form I-693 is not included on this internet posting. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have sent the vaccination supplement directly to the civil surgeons for them to photocopy, fill out on behalf of each applicant, and attach to Form I-693 for submission to USCIS.

Carl,

Here is what I did because you need the Vaccination Supplement. Go to a Civil Surgeon. They are listed somewhere on the CIS website. With the Houston Chinatown here, I had no problem finding one.

You need to take her shot records from the GZ Medical exam. I recall that it is a yellow booklet. I took everything, but all they wanted was the yellow. They looked at the shots that she received.

If she needs more shots, then she will get some. Mine did not need any. The doctors completes a form that they have. You need to take no forms. You receive sealed envelope that you include with the I-485.

I hope that helps.

John