Called D.O.S. today. They said my fiances P3 packet was sent on April 26th...it is June 3rd and she has not received it yet ..

(and she lives in Guangzhou)

Who can she call in Guangzhou to find out what happened to the packet? Is it too early to worry?

We encountered the same problem. It turned out that GZ did not have a record of Jingwen's address in Chinese characters. After several emails and faxes with the correct Chinese address, they confirmed that they had re-sent the P3, and Jingwen received the package several days later.

GZ uses EMS, so the packages sent to major cities should arrive within 3-5 days. If yours was sent on 4/16, chances are: 1) it was lost in transit, 2) it is sitting at the PO waiting for someone to call them, or 3) it was returned to GZ as undelivered.

I would certainly follow up. Maybe your fiancee can go to the consulate and pick up the package (call first). Also, maybe GZ can give you the tracking number. Then you can go to http://www.ems.com.cn/ems3/index2.htm and see where the package is.

We encountered the same problem.  It turned out that GZ did not have a record of Jingwen's address in Chinese characters.  After several emails and faxes with the correct Chinese address, they confirmed that they had re-sent the P3, and Jingwen received the package several days later.

GZ uses EMS, so the packages sent to major cities should arrive within 3-5 days.  If yours was sent on 4/16, chances are: 1) it was lost in transit, 2) it is sitting at the PO waiting for someone to call them, or 3) it was returned to GZ as undelivered.

I would certainly follow up.  Maybe your fiancee can go to the consulate and pick up the package (call first).  Also, maybe GZ can give you the tracking number.  Then you can go to http://www.ems.com.cn/ems3/index2.htm and see where the package is.

I read a recent post, can't remember where, but someone had a problem somewhat like this. They had either gave the wrong address or did not give it in chinese. Anyway, the Chinese fiancee went to the local post office and they found her P3 sitting and waiting for her. It might be worth a try.

If it was mailed April 26th it definitely should have gotten there by now. Bings only took a few days. I agree with the others it was probably not delivered do to address problems.