Okay simple question. Our interview says 8:30 interview. Does everyone's say that and it takes 2 hours to get inside? What time should we arrive.

I know this has nothing to do with us but we passed the consulate last night and there was a HUGE line of people waiting outside already!!! (Night before!!) just to get a good spot for their business visa since there is no longer a interview schedule! I couldn't believe it! So how do we pass these people up? Just tell the guard that we're K1? What time should we arrive? Thanks guys!

Okay simple question.  Our interview says 8:30 interview.  Does everyone's say that and it takes 2 hours to get inside?  What time should we arrive.  

I know this has nothing to do with us but we passed the consulate last night and there was a HUGE line of people waiting outside already!!! (Night before!!) just to get a good spot for their business visa since there is no longer a interview schedule!  I couldn't believe it!  So how do we pass these people up?  Just tell the guard that we're K1?  What time should we arrive?  Thanks guys!

SAM, I think you should be in line by noon......

2 days in advance :D...

What, you haven't been in line since Memorial Day :) :o :o :o :o :o :o

Well, you might as well go home and forget about the whole visa thing :P :P :P :P :P

I think this is all new ground for everyone. Who was the last one to get an interview granted, post call center closure? You may be one of the first since they started accepting walk-ins.

Hopefully they will have a seperate line for those with appointments, or possibly RFE's (pink and blue slips). Yes, it may seem like you are taking cuts.... That is until you consider the year long wait that you have already endured.

Best of Luck with the interview,

Clifford

Okay simple question.  Our interview says 8:30 interview.  Does everyone's say that and it takes 2 hours to get inside?  What time should we arrive. ? ??I know this has nothing to do with us but we passed the consulate last night and there was a HUGE line of people waiting outside already!!! (Night before!!) just to get a good spot for their business visa since there is no longer a interview schedule!  I couldn't believe it!  So how do we pass these people up?  Just tell the guard that we're K1?  What time should we arrive?  Thanks guys!

SAM, I think you should be in line by noon......

2 days in advance :)...

What, you haven't been in line since Memorial Day :o :o :o :o :o :o :P

Well, you might as well go home and forget about the whole visa thing :P :P :P :P :P

I think this is all new ground for everyone. Who was the last one to get an interview granted, post call center closure? You may be one of the first since they started accepting walk-ins.

Hopefully they will have a seperate line for those with appointments, or possibly RFE's (pink and blue slips). Yes, it may seem like you are taking cuts.... That is until you consider the year long wait that you have already endured.

Best of Luck with the interview,

Clifford

Sam, have you forgotten you are the future father of half the free world?

Those you saw waiting in line have no appointment. You, on the other hand, do. When my wife went for her interview she had the obligatory 8:30 appointment time. She got there at 7:00, got in at 9:30, and after lunch was seen for her 3 minute interview. It's likely that all the k1-K3 appointment times are 8:30. Sooooooo, 7:00 sounds reasonable. Good luck man!

OH! As for the guard. Just tell him you hold a powerful position in the Empire-He'll Understand.

Uncle Trigg :D

Okay simple question.  Our interview says 8:30 interview.  Does everyone's say that and it takes 2 hours to get inside?  What time should we arrive.  

I know this has nothing to do with us but we passed the consulate last night and there was a HUGE line of people waiting outside already!!! (Night before!!) just to get a good spot for their business visa since there is no longer a interview schedule!  I couldn't believe it!  So how do we pass these people up?  Just tell the guard that we're K1?  What time should we arrive?  Thanks guys!

What? You saw a line? Something is amiss here. :D

I don't know how much of an impact the non appointees will have, but my sense is that those with appointments are queued separately from those without. Jingwen arrived at about 7:30, give or take, and flashing my passport got the attention of the guard which got us to the front of the masses so he could let her inside the gates and stand in the appointment line. She went in with the second wave and was out relatively quickly.

I had read some posts before on another Web site regarding this matter. They said you have to work your way up front of the crowd to let the guard know you have an appointment for an interview. Then the guard is supposed to let you in and bypass the long waiting lines of other people who don't have appointments. I had read that sometimes the other people in line get angry you are getting in before them but the guard tells them they have appointments and have first priority...so everyone calms down. But I think I would get there at 7am for the 8:30 appointment. I'm guessing it is much less fanfare to work your way to the front of the line if you, the American, is with your fiancee.

I would get there before 8:00 and check in with the guard. They make different lines for different visas. they will make a line of all the K-visa benificiaries then when the proper time comes let you through to make yet another line. then they will let you across the street to make yet another line before going into the building where they will scan her retiina and go through a metal detector. She will go through that building to make (yes you guessed it) another line. There she will stand outside in the heat and humidity with no breeze for up to 4 hours. Yes fans this is how our wives and fiances are treated by our government. Herded like cattle and forced to endure long lines in the South China heat. All for a 5 minute interview with a VO that may or may not be nice.

Thanks again guys! Carl I think she will love the lines.....its good practise for Disney world! HAHAHA Wait in a 4 hour line for a 5 min ride! HAHAHHA

Doesn't Disney have those "Advance Ticket" thingies now? Get a ticket with a time that lets you skip to the head of the line when you show up? hmmm.... maybe Guangzhou could use those.

Thanks again guys! Carl I think she will love the lines.....its good practise for Disney world! HAHAHA Wait in a 4 hour line for a 5 min ride! HAHAHHA

Doesn't Disney have those "Advance Ticket" thingies now? Get a ticket with a time that lets you skip to the head of the line when you show up? hmmm.... maybe Guangzhou could use those.

advance ticket I like that! How much of these line can I be with Nicola during? Am I just walking her up to the first line and waiting or can I at least wait in line with her till she gets inside?