My fiance saw her friends P3 and said there is a question about ever having served in the Chinese military. Her consultant in Guangzhou says its best to leave this information out, for it could make the immigration process darn near impossible. . She was just a foot soldier, nothing more, and its been over ten years since she left. I know the adjustnment of status questionaire asks for military service info as well.

Do any of you have suggestions? Have any of you had to deal with this?

I assume your fiancee was in the military for voluntary service.

Many countries have manditory service for men. I can not imagine that the US would exclude all of them from entering the USA.

Do not underestimate the information the the INS has about your case. If somehow they can confirm or disprove prior military service, then responding incorrectly would reflect very badly on the application.

Don't you also have to list everywhere she has lived including local police records? If you were an American and wrote that you lived at West Point for 2 years, but did not list military service... Hmmm.

My vote would be to respond yes, put the times and dates in, and leave it with that.

---- Clifford -----

I assume your fiancee was in the military for voluntary service.

Many countries have manditory service for men.  I can not imagine that the US would exclude all of them from entering the USA.

Do not underestimate the information the the INS has about your case.  If somehow they can confirm or disprove prior military service, then responding incorrectly would reflect very badly on the application.

Don't you also have to list everywhere she has lived including local police records?  If you were an American and wrote that you lived at West Point for 2 years, but did not list military service...  Hmmm.

My vote would be to respond yes, put the times and dates in, and leave it with that.

---- Clifford -----

I agree with Clifford. The full resources of the US government is at the disposal of INS so they can carefully screen these 5' tall 95 LB threats to our security. One lie may cause you more grief than you will ever need.

Man, Trigg's Memory is slipping....

Talk about full disclosure --- Trigg "forgot" to tell Frank about the artificial means of adding weight to Tenn. Bass...

And now he has "forgotten" all about ChinaGirl !

And while she may not have been a threat to "National security" --- I for one, would never feel very "secure" aroung her...

And just because the Han women he knows weigh in at 95 lbs., --- who knows what ChinaGirl's physical characteristics are!

To give one example -- (NO RELATION AT ALL TO CHINAGIRL!!) My Fei is 5'7" -- and 112 lbs. .....

.... but I do agree with both Clifford and Trigg, i would never, EVER misrepresent --- even by deletion -- any fact on my visa application...

Talk about full disclosure --- Trigg "forgot"  to tell  Frank about the artificial means of adding weight to Tenn. Bass...

And while she may not have been a threat to "National security" ---  I for one, would never feel very "secure" aroung her... 

And just because the Han women he knows weigh in at 95 lbs., --- who knows what ChinaGirl's physical characteristics are! 

To give one example -- (NO RELATION AT ALL TO CHINAGIRL!!)  My Fei is 5'7" -- and 112 lbs.  ..... 

.... but I do agree with both Clifford and Trigg,  i would never, EVER misrepresent --- even by deletion -- any fact on my visa application...

Well Kim, there you go again. Ya just can't get Chinababe off you mind and is it my fault that TN bass have a lot of iron in their diet? It's a good thing that Fei is 112 Lbs. I think she will need to whup up on your head on a regular basis to make you leave Chinababe alone

One of the Last Acts of the Vice Emperor was to revoke ChinaGirl's Visa

-----and DEPORT HER BACK TO CHINA!!!!

--where she is currently taking care of her aged mother...

Fei has nothing to fear from ChinaGirl... Does Kim have something to fear from HIS Fei??

Only time willl tell.....

.... so Carl, every thin' still sweet as sugar??

My fiance saw her friends P3 and said there is a question about ever having served in the Chinese military. Her consultant in Guangzhou says its best to leave this information out, for  it could make the immigration process darn near impossible. . She was just a foot soldier, nothing more, and its been over ten years since she left. I know the adjustnment of status questionaire asks for military service info as well.

Do any of you have suggestions? Have any of you had to deal with this?

First, it is never a good idea to falsify information on any application or petition. If found out, it is cause for outright denial, possible deportation, and even prosecution. I offer no odds on whether any of this would come to pass, but I think it is always better to be honest with the responses.

Second, I have found so much misinformation coming from the “consultants” such that I put little stock in what any of them have to say. Rumors have a way of becoming gospel in China. If someone got denied for one reason but had disclosed military service, it is entirely possible that somebody could have concluded that military service was a no-no.

There are several threads dealing with membership in the Communist Party. You might want to do a search and see what others have said about this potentially more troublesome area.

Talk about full disclosure --- Trigg "forgot"  to tell  Frank about the artificial means of adding weight to Tenn. Bass...

And while she may not have been a threat to "National security" ---  I for one, would never feel very "secure" aroung her...  

To give one example -- (NO RELATION AT ALL TO CHINAGIRL!!)  My Fei is 5'7" -- and 112 lbs.  .....  

.... but I do agree with both Clifford and Trigg,  i would never, EVER misrepresent --- even by deletion -- any fact on my visa application...

I was wondering why my car was listing to one side until I realized that the cooler of fish that Trigg gave me was a little heavier than normal. :blush:

And, to close the loop, how could anyone forget ChinaGirl? <_<

Yeah, Frank,

Close the loop on that whole sorry chapter about ChinaGirl.... 

She's back in China now... scrubbing floors.... 

----Kim

.....And Bob, truth stranger than fiction?  DaveG certainly reminded us of that today..

I kinda miss the ol' babe but I hope her dog dies of rabbis and the last thing it does is bite her on the leg (she cost me my throne ) <_<

Who is Frank & Trigg?

David, I suggest that if you want to get a feel for these guys, the "White House" is an ok place to go back too... And if you want to go back in time, particulary in the Rumpus Room, you may get some good background.... some of it is even funny....

But to be honest: IT DOESN'T MATTER!! Just dive right in! we are all looking for a new perspective ---- and new meat !! (just kidding! ha, ha ...... HA, HA!!) HA, HA !

HA, HA!

---no, really, there is nothing sacrosanct on this site, as far as I can tell... But

Don will occasionally move stuff to the Rumpus Room...

As I observed in my first few posts.... "lot of rules on this we site, but I guess thats what keeps us civilized..." ha, ha~! (yeah, right!)

---Kim