Old News for the Newbies

Here is a story I downloaded a while ago from the www.visadelays.com site which no longer exists.

WAR BRIDES

It is a story that apparently aired on CNN about the visa delays about a year and a half ago (wow, not much has changed). It also discusses the American who lost his life in the Moscow Theater attack in October 2002.

Hopefully you won't wipe out my Yahoo bandwidth for the whole month. Someone else may want to mirror this, or I can send the original 7MB file for mirroring. I think they may limit the bandwidth hourly so try again later if you have problems.

http://www.geocities.com/clkeele/cnn_story.html

Se Lang has kindly mirrored a copy for us (apparently 2 or 3 users wiped out my entire bandwidth on Geocities).

http://www.gabthis.com/cnn_story.wmv

Here is a story I downloaded a while ago from the www.visadelays.com site which no longer exists.

WAR BRIDES

It is a story that apparently aired on CNN about the visa delays about a year and a half ago  (wow, not much has changed).  It also discusses the American who lost his life in the Moscow Theater attack in October 2002.

Hopefully you won't wipe out my Yahoo bandwidth for the whole month.  Someone else may want to mirror this, or I can send the original 7MB file for mirroring.  I think they may limit the bandwidth hourly so try again later if you have problems.

http://www.geocities.com/clkeele/cnn_story.html

to late already exceeded, send me the file I can mirror it also, plenty of bandwidth

Great going on tracking that one down Cliff ..

I'm beginning to think.. :ph34r: you could track a fart in a wind storm!. heheheh

thanks for mirroring it Se Lang

And yes what can you say to Big Gov, fo da peeps, com pass your hat can't serveya tis that prez Bushy is..

Mark and Bea

Great going on tracking that one down Cliff ..

Uh.... Mark,

The story came from a site called www.VisaDelays.com

It existed last fall, but then disappeared around Christmas. It had some good, but somewhat dated reference material.

Anyway, I started thinking about it based on some of the recent discussions on the Candle.

So the big thing was to hunt for it on my computer... Yep, it was right there buried among a thousand other icons on my desktop. I had forgotten about the Moscow thing until Don had brought it up.

----- Clifford ------

That visadelays site was owned by Kevin Cook the "star" of this report. He was the one who somehow got CNN to cover this story.

His site was really great the way he hosted photo albums for people. (hint, hint). I had some in there as did quite a few other Candle members.

If anyone is interested, I also transcribed this report and posted it on Candle, would provide a link to where it is archived (if it is still there) but the search function rarely works for me. I loved the part where that one guy describes the delays as abominable, despicable, ......, ....,.

That visadelays site was owned by Kevin Cook the "star" of this report.  He was the one who somehow got CNN to cover this story. 

His site was really great the way he hosted photo albums for people.  (hint, hint).  I had some in there as did quite a few other Candle members. 

If anyone is interested, I also transcribed this report and posted it on Candle, would provide a link to where it is archived (if it is still there) but the search function rarely works for me.  I loved the part where that one guy describes the delays as abominable, despicable, ......, ....,.

See,

There are some things I haven't found on the Candle yet:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....ct=ST&f=1&t=674

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....ct=ST&f=1&t=677

Thanks for transcribing the report.

---- Clifford -----

>>>Gene Edwards: “If I were to use words like adversive, abhorrent, abominable, appalling, disgusting, detestable, loathsome, vile, ignominious, that would not begin to cover the feelings I have about this." <<<

Yes, there it is, thank you Clifford!!!

Kind of describes how you have felt, right?

Oh…forgot to take out the trash better go before someone yells at me

. . . . a husband hears the call of duty . . .

come on ladies, give us a break, it's a holiday weekend, yes, mei guo holiday, big holiday, too much drinking beer, eating barbecue, throwing horseshoes, cruising in the boat, watching the races, yes darling very very big holiday :)

My goodness, I still remember those days. Sometimes I can't believe I'm going through the entire process the second time around.

Well, I guess everything happens for a reason. I try not to let little things get to me these days, like the lack of interviews coming from GZ. I've seen a lot, and I figure this too, shall pass.

P.J.