Question about Police report and marriage thingy

Guest animejpop

Guest animejpop

Hi All!

I just found out about this forum and it has been really helpful to us. Just two questions I cant seem to find the answers. 1) My gf born in City A, and moved to City B. Does she have to get the police report (backgroun check?) from City A or B or she doesnt need to get it. 2) She has never been married, so does she need to provide evidence that she never been married?

She lives in China and I live in S. Calif. Still waiting for NOA 2 .....

Thank all ^^

This is a good question and there's been a lot of debate over it at 001 (the chinese equivalent of this forum). The form says you need reports from each place you lived after the age of 16. I believe this includes going away to a university. But then certain chinese cities won't give you the form without your "register", which is only kept in the city you currently live. Some chinese notaries claim they can give you this police certif which covers "all of China". And then I believe different chinese places have different "degrees of difficulty" in getting these forms. In short, to be safe, try to get the police certifs for each city your gf has lived in since the age of 16. If this isn't possible, try to get one of those for "all of China". If that isn't possible, maybe some other people around here will have advice...

Oh yes, and she does need a "single certificate", which she can get from a chinese notary. This is to verify that she's not currently married.

Guest animejpop

Thanks for the replies!! Just one more question!

In what stage do i need to get them done? Since I already got NOA 1 a month ago. Should I hurry and submit them?

Thanks for the replies!!  Just one more question!

In what stage do i need to get them done?  Since I already got NOA 1 a month ago.  Should I hurry and submit them?

Ditto everything Turtle has said. Try to get the two police reports (PR) from the two cities if you can, but if not, just a PR from her current city will do. Supposedly, if she has convicted of any major (reportable) crimes, it will show up on any and all police reports regardless of where it is obtained.

Don't get the police reports now! They won't be needed until the interview. Which for you guys is at least 10 months away. GZ doesn't like PRs that are more than 6 months old. Get them done after she has received P3.

Ok... I did have a question about the Police Report too.... (nope, I don't have all the answers).

Irina is from a small village of perhaps 20 houses. The village is big enough to have a grade school, but I don't think it has a Police Department.

Can she get thje police report from the capital city for the province (where she is now in college)?

----- Clifford ------

:o :( B) Hey everybody, Clifford has a question!!!!!!! :o :o :o

Oh my gosh Clifford, my confidence in you is shaken! :P :lol: Ah, I'm just kidding.

Uhm ... okay, let me look in my bag an answers here, uh ... errrr, searching, uhh, what town in China is she from??

Just kidding. Actually, I don't have an answer for you. I have no idea how strict the Moscow people are. If they are anything like the good good people at GZ, then yes, a police report from the nearest big city should suffice.

But it would be a good idea to get some sort of official looking letter or statement from some sort of Russian bureaucrat saying that Irina's village is under the legal jurisdiction (authoritarian rule?) of the police station that the report is coming from. Something to the effect of "The township of Dobriknaska is a part of Stolichnaya Province and the police authorities of Stolichnaya province govern the township of Dobriknaska. Signed - Some Bureaucrat from Stolichnaya Province."

:P  :P  :P  Hey everybody, Clifford has a question!!!!!!!  :o  :o  :o

Oh my gosh Clifford, my confidence in you is shaken! :P  :blink: Ah, I'm just kidding.

Oh,

I have questions all the time....

I am just one of those types of people who would rather drive around in circles all day than to stop and ask someone for directions :P

And, I must say the discussions here have been very interesting. Hopefully everything that is written on this board is correct as it is the source of all my information :D

I had never thought about issues like what to do if one's girlfriend doesn't have a birth certificate.

When I look at a globe, China looks kind of small (about the size of an orange, depending, of course, on the size of the globe). I am not even sure where GZ is located, but I assume asking some people to go to GZ for an interview is like asking someone to drive from Oregon to Missouri just to talk to a RUDE Visa Officer (and repeat the trip 3 times).