expected to receive p3 but got p4 stuff inside

Guest mike&nico

Guest mike&nico

Hi everyone,

My wife and I did a DCF in Shanghai April 20. We were waiting for p3, but instead got a package with p4 docs inside: DS230 part2, medical exam form, family composition sheet.

It also has an appointment letter, but it is blank. It says she's been scheduled for an interview, but is missing the date and time.

What should we do?? Should we send them the p3 docs anyway? we already have DS230 part1 ready to go.

thanks!

Mike and Nico

One of those "P4" envelopes is going to have paperwork for a P3 inside of it.   :(

My worst nightmare! My honey and I are going to be the ones getting a second P3, I know it :) :( ;)

Wow, this is a very interesting post. You received a P4 instead of a P3, and it had a blank appointment letter inside ... what the?!?!? :D :D :D There are a lot of issues here. One, you got a P4 man, that's awesome! But it's the result of a DCF in Shanghai, so it's not really a P4 from GZ. But the nonehteless, it still offers a twinkle of a glimer of hope for many of us here.

Anyway, to answer your question ... I'm afraid I can't give you concrete answers for your situation ... a DCF through Shanghai. I have no ideas what that entails. For us GZ couples, each of our cases is assinged a "GUZ" case number. And the P3 documents can't be sent back to GZ unless the "P3 Supplemental Cover Sheet" references that GUZ number. For you ... do you already have your SHH (???) number? Or whatever it is.

If I were you, I'd play it safe. I'd contact Shanghai and tell them what happened, and ask that they send a real P3. Then you know for sure that everything will be cool after you send it back. If you send back the P3 docs now, you may be making a bigger mess with things later.

I would call up GZ (or walk there) and tell them that you received the P4, but that you can't find the interview date. ;)

Or, perhaps you could assume that they intended you to fill in the interview date with whatever you wanted, like a blank check.:D.... Do they take walk-in's? :lol:

In the meantime, download a copy of the OF169 and send in your copy of the DS230 pt 1 and your OF169.... What else? I don't remeber if the K3 applicants also need DS230 pt 2.

----- Clifford ------

Guest mike&nico

Our packet included a GUZ case number. So I might as well send them p3 paperwork and hope they send me another p4 packet, this time with an interview appointment!

I have the OF230, but where can i download OF169 in english and chinese?

Thanks,

Mike and Nico

Hey Clifford,

Bet you know the answer to this---

Fei just DID get our p-3 yesterday, and along with that was the request for support information (for some reason, I thought this came later in the process).... I'm thinking she needs for me to fill out an I-134 is that correct? So Clifford -- do you know where I go to download that with instructions?

And can anyone think of other things Fei needs --- that I have to get --- to return it with her p-3 info?

Also, what is the quickest way to get it there? Does it need to be original?

Thanks for any help!

--Kim

For those curious about our timeline: Application sent from NVC April 6 --- held up in customs until week after May vacation. p-3 arrived in mail yesterday -- was a surprise, since no one had answered Fei's emails on the subject....

The request for support information-- are you sure they want you to send it in now? It was listed on our OF-169 checklist along with the police certif, single certif, etc., but we didn't have to send any of those things just yet. I don't have the I-134 link here at work, I'm sure someone else will get it to you though. If I recall, the things we sent back with the p3 were:

DS-230

OF-169 checklist with relevent boxes checked

p3 supplemental info sheet

can't think of anything else... There is a list somewhere on this site which I'm sure someone more informed than I will link you to

:lol:

Hey Clifford,

Fei just DID get our p-3 yesterday,  and along with that was the request for support information (for some reason, I thought this came later in the process)....  I'm thinking she needs for me to fill out an I-134 is that correct? So Clifford -- do you know where I go to download that with instructions? 

And can anyone think of other things Fei needs --- that I have to get --- to return it with her p-3 info? 

Also, what is the quickest way to get it there?  Does it need to be original?

Thanks for any help!

--Kim

For those curious about our timeline:  Application sent from NVC April 6 --- held up in customs until week after May vacation.  p-3 arrived in mail yesterday -- was a surprise, since no one had answered Fei's emails on the subject....

Kim, the I-134 will be given to the med center at the time of the physical, they will put it in a sealed envelope for her to take to the interview. 230 pt1 and 169 are sent back sent with p3. You will need tax info etc. with the I-134. Sooo, you gotta get to gettin'. Chinese mail is a bit slow and who knows, GZ may get thier act together soon.

Forms...

Many of them are easy to find by just searching the internet for their numbers.

I-134 is what you need for K1. I believe it is also needed for K3.

However, you need I-864 for CR1, IR1, or AOS.

Here is some of the stuff I put in the FAQ a while ago.

Thanks PJ, it makes a handy reference for me to find my own posts :lol:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....t=ST&f=1&t=4117

I believe that a set of forms is also available on the site: www.k1k3.com

----- Clifford ------

Hey Clifford,

Fei just DID get our p-3 yesterday,  and along with that was the request for support information (for some reason, I thought this came later in the process)....  I'm thinking she needs for me to fill out an I-134 is that correct? So Clifford -- do you know where I go to download that with instructions? 

Also, what is the quickest way to get it there?  Does it need to be original?

Thanks for any help!

--Kim

For those curious about our timeline:  Application sent from NVC April 6 --- held up in customs until week after May vacation.  p-3 arrived in mail yesterday -- was a surprise, since no one had answered Fei's emails on the subject....

Just tell her to follow the instructions in the packet nothing less nothing more. This was the advice our mighty sage(Don) gave me.

Back again,

And thanks all for your help!

OK, I have the I-134 printed off the internet. Since this is an INS form, I foolishy thought that the INS service center could answer my questions... Two attempts, and 15 minutes of wait, I find out that State is the ruling agency regarding the proper way to fill this out for our application (I-129F)... And that they have differnet instructions...

My Questions:

INS requires many supporting documents (in duplicate) from banks, brokers etc. that are from a Bank or instiution officer attesting to the value of the various accounts. Is that what is required for the P-3?

Also, this form needs to be sworn, but it seems to me that from INS policy, a faxed copy would be acceptable, is that correct?

Are there other points that I am missing, or special instructions from State that are different from INS?

You people are great! Lots more knowledge here than the people paid to answer these questions ....

(still.........Don't send me a bill!!)

Kim

I don't know about a faxed copy.

Keep a copy for your own records and fax it if you must.

You do need to have the form notarized (proof of your signature, I think). However, they are no longer embossing the forms, but rather stamping them. A fax would be obviously a second generation. However, since it was notarized, the INS should be able to call up the Notary and request their logs for confirmation.

----- Clifford ------