First, welcome to Candle.

I am not aware of a foreign language version of the DS-230, and I would hazard a guess that most of us helped our fiances/fiancees/spouses complete the form. As for me, Jingwen, my wife, had a friend initially help with the translations and then she and I discussed/corrected her answers via webcam before she sent them to GZ.

How are your foreign language skills? Can you translate the questions for your husband? Also, depending on where your husband lives, there are a number of places in China, particularly in Guangzhou, that will assist with the preparation of the forms, but please be leery of these services - sometimes you don't really get what you pay for, and the time lost in having to correct the mistakes can be heart-wrenching.

There are also a number of people on this board whose English/Chinese language skills are quite good. Maybe they can offer some additional guidance.

I don't think you'll ever find a Chinese version of DS-230 because the answers must be in English, and it doesn't make sense for the questions to be in Chinese when the answers are in English. Keep in mind this form is used for people from all around the world, and I'd be surprised if the government offered the form in all 5000 (?) languages in use around the world today.

I think you should work together with your husband to make sure he is asnwering all of the questions correctly.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I do speak Chinese but I am afraid we might make a mistake if we tried to fill out the form together via phone. unfortunately we don't have a web-cam at our disposal. I will do my best to walk him through the form step-by-step. Even being a native speaker in English hardly helps me to understand what they are asking for, much less explain it to someone else in Chinese.

B)

Tazsa

Could you fill it out, send it to him and have him copy the information on to a blank form? You could talk on the phone as you do it. I have done that with Sarah. You can get a "cheapo" phone card for .8 - 2 cents/minute so you can talk until you get the form done. B)

Tazsa,

You can download the form for yourself, and then you can be looking at the exact same copy he is and go over every question, one by one.

That's what I did with my honey. I downloaded the form, made a copy, then mailed one to her (months before she received the actual P3), then we took our own sweet time answering all the questions together as we spoke on the phone.

Now your next question is where to download the form, right?

Click here for DS-230

But be sure to have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your system first.

Hmmm, I found a copy of the DS230 in Spanish a while ago.

Mari, Do you want to try Spanish?????

For the "techie" types of people there might be a few options.

The forms are distributed in PDF. Unfortunatly, I think the DS230 forms that I have found are all locked which causes many difficulties..

If you can find a copy of Acrobat Writer, you can fill out the forms and save your changes.

If you have a copy of Adobe Acrobat 4, I believe that you can fill out the form and print the filled out form to PDF995 or Win2PDF (www.pdf995.com).

Another option... Run Net Meeting.

To run net meeting.

File - Run - Conf

Go through the setup.... Don't list in directory..... Yes or no on sound setup. If it asks four a speed, choose something slow like 14.4 or 28.8.

Bring up netmeeting (2" x 4" box). Go to Help - About Netmeeting.

Get the IP address of one machine. Then place a call with the other one using the IP address. The one hosting the call must have an "outside visible" IP address, and can not be part of a LAN.

Then go to Tools - Sharing - Desktop , followed by "Allow Control" and "Automatically Accept Requests for Control".

Suddenly, you are both looking at the same computer and can work on the form together.

Have Fun,

----- Clifford ------