Has anybody gotten NOA1 from CSC recently? We sent our application on March 8th, and haven't gotten NOA1 yet. Can anybody give me a clue how long it will take CSC to send NOA1? (our check got cashed, and we even called them last week, a lady said we are in, that's all) Really hate them!!! :o

Sorry guys, I don't have any experience with CSC, but that seems like such a loooong time to (not) get NOA1. I went thru NSC, which is the SLOWEST for NOA2, but I at least got the NOA1 in less than a week. Haha, that's funny ... a bright spot about NSC, I never thought I'd see one!

Anyway, rosyrou, that seems like a really long time. That's more than 2 months now, and still no NOA1? That's seems strange to me. And yet they had no problem cashing the check. Typical! I'd call the National Help Line and see what answers they give you.

Wow, a month to get a NOA1? W year ago it was like two weeks and I thought it was too long then as all the things I read said it should only take a week...

I guess without a NOA1 there is no way to find out the case number is to check online? I don't even know where our original NOA1 went. It's really only useful for the case number...

If you wrote them a check on the check it will have the receipt number that is your NOA1 number I am not sure what CSC is but TSC was SRC so look on the canceled check for a number that looks like aaa-nn-nnn-nnnnn where "a" is a letter and "n" is a number

CSC definitely uses "WAC" in front of their numbers. Because you filed in 2004 fiscal year, it should be WAC04 and 8 more numbers. We got ours from CSC right away when we filed, so you should definitely look at the canceled check. It took us 161 days to get an RFE, and after we sent in the additional evidence, 7 more days for approval; although, we have yet to receive the official NOA 2 paper. So total time at CSC was 189 days. Supposedly CSC was speeding up their processing time, so good luck and just try to be patient. I know its difficult.

Hmmm,

The wonderful efficiency of our government will never cease to amaze me.

So they can cash the check within a few days. I assume that some information about the case is entered into the computer at that time. Yet, it takes a whole additional month to mail a computer generated form letter :P

It is also interesting how each service center has very different processing priorities.... And, each consulate also has different methods and priorities.

Oh, Thanks guys!!

I cannot get on line these days, and didn't see all these post till now. Thanks a lot for all the information. Do you guys mean as CSC checked our cash, I can get the NOA1 from the check?

Yes, they either checked your cash, or cashed your check :lol: icon2.gif

The important thing is not the NOA1, but rather the receipt number. Apparently the put the receipt number on the back of the check.

With that, you can track the progress of your case through the BCIS website, as well as have a number to use if you call for status updates.

(www.uscis.gov).

Good Luck,

Clifford