Good News!!!!!!!

Hi Mari-

Congratulations on your progress...My case is in GZ customs clearance now....I spoke to a live person two or three times while my case was at NVC.two things i will share with you

1> I called the NVC and used their automated system for information...for three weeks the recording said they had no record of my case.

2> After numerous tries I finally snagged a live operator. She told me the fiance cases are not inputed into their computer. I made this inquiry on April 26 , and was told my case had been sent to GZ April 23... I called about a week later and was told my case had been sent to GZ April 19.....

Use your best judgement to determine where you are at any point in this process knowing what others experience is a great way to sort of gague time frames...it's hard to zero in on exact dates....all we have is educated guesstimates.

I was told my case would take 6 months to conclude...based on my current progress, i don't think it will come to be. I have re-set my sights at 9 or 10 months. I've had no RFE's along the way, but it did take me over four months to get out of TSC.

Congratulations Mari,

We received our NOA 2 on May 7 also. Of course it took the CSC over 6 months to process. Not that I'm complaining, just glad to be out of CSC and on to the next step in the process. Did you receive an actual paper copy of NOA 2, or did you find out through the USCIS website? We got e-mail notification, but are still waiting for the piece of paper. You CFL members correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we need the actual NOA 2 when we file for AOS? Anyway, congratulations again and goodluck for the rest of the way. It looks like we in the same boat.

Thank you all for your good wishes and support, it really means a lot to me. David, I had been tracing the processing dates of all the service centers, Texas says they're now processing I-129F's received on Februrary 20. If it follows the same path as Vermont, you will most probably see that the site will be updated around the 20th of May, and then they will be working on most recent cases. I think they're working pretty fast now, so I do hope that your case will be approved very soon.

Jon, I found out thru the USCIS website, it said that the notice had been sent on May 7th. I called my lawyer this morning and she said how uncertain is the process for each couple, as she sent a I-129F to Vermont on January and still had not been approved. Now I'm a bit confused about something, maybe one of our experts at the Candle can shed some light: do I need to provide the NVC with any other evidence before the case is sent to GZ? I've always thought that once the case is approved by Vermont and passes the NVC's screening, then it goes directly to GZ.

You are correct Mari. You don't have to do anything until P-3. From NOA-2 it goes to NVC where it should clear in 3-5 weeks. They send it to GZ via DHL where it sits in a warehouse for 4-6 weeks waiting to clear chinese customs. Then and only then will GZ enter it into their system and send out P-3. Wait about 2 weeks and call NVC. They will give you your GUZ number. Then call NVC about once a week until you find out it has been sent to GZ. You can find out what day it was sent then if you want to you can track that box via DHL. I didn't bother with this part since all you will be able to learn is a box that shipped the same day as yours arrived at GZ. After about 5 weeks It will clear customs. That is when the consulate will enter it into their system and send out P-3.

Thanks Carl, this is where hiring a lawyer starts to become a decision one regrets, as my lawyer mentioned something today about providing the affidavit of support and income tax returns for past 3 years before the case is sent to GZ. :) I feel I can get more reliable information from you guys here.

Wow Mari! I don't know how, but I have missed your update and good news until now!

I don't get on over the weekend, and since Jacob has been here and we have gotten married, I really don't find as much time to get on the internet!

Anyway, congratulations! That is so exciting!

Yes, to reaffirm Don, as if that is ever necessary (hehe) you will need NOA 2 for AOS. However, I had an immigration lawyer "friend" of mine tell me that you can go online, i assume somewhere on USCIS website and print out a new copy of NOA 2 if you have the "number". I'm not sure which number exactly- Original processing center Receipt number I assume. But anyway, that is just some info an immigration lawyer told me, I haven't tried it or heard of anyone who has though.

who knows!!

well, its time to get off work now!

ill be looking for more good news again!

kim du

You won't need the affidavit of support or tax returns until P-4. He will take these with him to interview. Even though the law states you only need one year tax returns for K-1 rumor has it GZ likes 3 years worth. You can get a transcript from the IRS for free for the last 3 years in about 3 weeks time if you need it. Now is the time to start gathering up all the stuff you will need for P-4 though. Things like bank statements for the last year, a letter from your employer and proof of relationship.