May I change K1 visa to F1 visa and stay in the US

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chinagirl001
My personal advice to you chingagirl001 is in the venacular "stuff it". You are speaking like a cousin of a snakehead, with the same plan, beat the American immigration system. I wonder if you have the same motivation? Making money?

King, before you accuse anyone, you better to study English better, at least spell correctly. what is 'venacular'???

and, if here is a public forum, then anyone has the right to post, who gives you the title as 'Judge'?

Bluegirl- If you can make it work easily and well thn do so- otherwise I would say get out and get away. If it is like this before the marriage then it could be worse after- and if he doesn't love you- not just love you- adore you- then it isn't worth the trouble. I am a US girl and I've been living in Shanghai for two years now and Shenzhen one before that. If you want to try to stay in the US I agree with the poster who said you can stay illegally and it will work- but many avenues will be closed to you. My fiance is Chinese and went to school in the US and any of those kinds of jobs- (he does business) with big companies- will want you to have a green card to work with them- the only jobs available will probably not be that great- one other thing. I know you've only just arrived in the US and you might still be in a state of euphoria about what the country has to offer- I know when I first came to China I was in a dream world for about 2 months because everything was so fun and different- but it will be very difficult to live in the states and unless you have some type of network in the states I would say come back to Shanghai- you will most likely have a better life here.

hi blueheart, you can not change K1 visa to other visa, however, you can come over by the K1 visa then just disappear, you can get an ID from NYC or the other large cities, good luck to you :)

Not a good idea to violate the law, nor is it a good idea to advise someone else to violate the law.

I believe blue gal didnt want to use her fiance as a bridge to US, and now the problem here is that it would be also very difficult for her to go home. She would be buried with gossipings and misunderstanding. "losing face" in China is a very serious thing. Also Chinese guys have prejudice against gals who ever dated foreigners. She would have to face lots of difficulties no matter she chooses to stay to leave.

Dave G. I'm not encouraging her to violate the law. I'm just telling a truth about illegal immigration situation in US society and I think I know a little more about what the situations gonna be back in Shanghai for her.

It would be ur best choice if u decide not to marry him, even if he asks. I don;t think he's committed and fully responsible for u.

My personal advice to you chingagirl001 is in the venacular "stuff it". You are speaking like a cousin of a snakehead, with the same plan, beat the American immigration system. I wonder if you have the same motivation? Making money?

King, before you accuse anyone, you better to study English better, at least spell correctly. what is 'venacular'???

and, if here is a public forum, then anyone has the right to post, who gives you the title as 'Judge'?

:) :ph34r: LMAO :angry: :angry:

I agree with your response King.........but "vernacular" is the correct spelling.

Guest chinagirl001
It is also a question asked, under oath, at the AOS interview. If you are honest, your answer must be 'yes'. Too bad, a yes answer precludes you from eligibility to enter the US.

My honest answer was still 'no'

because she is already in the States, I didn't help anyone enter the States illegally, hehe

Guest chinagirl001
but  "vernacular" is the correct spelling.

thank you Martytb... at least I am glad to see an English can spell English correctly ;)

Come on Guys!

We're fighting too much here! We're a support group not teams in battle! Forget it. Neither one of us really 100% knows what happened. It could go either way. Leave the attacks alone. Lets all worry about getting our P4's and AOS this is all nonsense.

chinagirl001 you are right about my spelling. One of the good things about this site is people support each other and I have had the benefit of another member graciously correcting my mistake.

I would like for you to know I am in China employed privately to assist mostly Chinese obtain visas to the U.S. I have seen many fraudulent cases I would not help with. I have also helped people who have an arguable point to make with the consular officer, but were rightfully refused. Properly so. As you assert your right to publically express yourself, you also have to take with that right the possible consequences; one of which is public criticism. I too have that same right of expression you claim. Being trained in the law gives me some ability to determine if your statement was proper as advice and being a U.S. citizen I have the right to tell you you are wrong to tell others to violate U.S. law to get to my country and that I am dismayed.

Guest chinagirl001
We can pronounce it too! V as in Visa, or V as in Very, Not V as in Woman!

:lol:   :P   :D

V as in Visa, V as in Victory... no V in Patrick & Li though... let us hear from you after your wife arrived a year later.

Guest chinagirl001
I would like for you to know I am in China employed privately to assist mostly Chinese obtain visas to the U.S.

hmm,

I know quite a bit about those Chinese 'Visa Consulting' companies, they would hire some foreigners and Post their foreign faces on ADs to bait eagering immigrants or students even they could do nothing to really help those applicants but to cheat them for money!

so, If I was 'bad' because I was answering a poor girl's question truthfully, aren't you even worse to be the member of gangs?

Wow, this thread is degenerating rather quickly isn't it? It seems the original topic is long forgotton.

V as in Visa, V as in Victory... no V in Patrick & Li though... let us hear from you after your wife arrived a year later.

Kind of a nasty one, but if I read his signature correctly, she'll be here in just over a month and already has the visa, so I imagine your attempted attack will seem rather ineffectual.

Nonetheless, we're all here for the same reason (or at least I think we are). This site is to find mutual support as we endure this long wait for our loved ones, and with that in mind - that was a particularly vile little comment.

Why are you here, chinagirl? I'm sorry if you felt like everyone was jumping on your case for your comments, but you have to understand that visa violations are the reason (or at least the reason they stand behind) for this process being so screwed up for those of us who are trying to use the system honestly. So naturally you pushed a few buttons.

I'm new here too, so maybe it's not my place to say. But if you're here for a legitimate reason (waiting for a visa, have been throught the process whatever) then how about just forgive and forget and move on. There are a lot of good, well meaning people on this site, and dragging it into insults about each other's spelling, grammar, and pronunciation is just stupid. Direct insults are even further out there. This isn't some AOL kiddie flame war board, we're all supposed to be adults here, right? If you're NOT here for any reason other than to advise people on illegal actions and get into fights, however, why not pick another board where it will be more accepted.

Not an insult, not an attack, just my opinion.

- Jason