Fingerprints at GZ

As of this morning, 4/26, the IV unit says do not need to have fingerprints taken at the time of the overcome documents are submitted. Only if the case is approve, will it ask beneficiaries to come to the Consulate to have their fingerprints taken.

Can't at this time, tell you happens next after fingerprints are taken as to when the visa may be picked up. Hope to be able to say tomorrow.

Yesterday I had a chat with Martha Hutchens at the Consulate by chance meeting.

Regarding the fingerprinting she said "things are in chaos." She went on to say the day-before instructions were not longer the plan.

The good thing about it is the IV unit is self-aware that they are causing much confusion and many people need to travel great distances to get to GZ. They trying to be helpful by instructing "overcome" applicants on how to do things vis-a-vis "overcomes" and fingerprinting.

This is what I think the deal is from what Martha and a clerk said:

If overcome documents are to be submitted and the family has not had fingerprints taken all family members between14 and 76 should go to GZ to have fingerprints taken and they will need 2 photos each, the large size and a smaller one.

I will try to clarify this later today.

If overcome documents are to be submitted and the family has not had fingerprints taken all family members between14 and 76 should go to GZ to have fingerprints taken and they will need 2 photos each, the large size and a smaller one.

Just curious why they don't setup a photo and fingerprint station that does both tasks (presumably electronically).

No need to bring in one's own photos, they could do them right in the Embassy. It would be so much simpler for everyone.

----- Clifford -----

Just curious why they don't setup a photo and fingerprint station that does both tasks (presumably electronically).

No need to bring in one's own photos, they could do them right in the Embassy. It would be so much simpler for everyone.

----- Clifford -----

Again Cliff a great idea.

Carl, Bing, Bea and I were at the big SEG computer building a few days ago and a digital web camera there was like $14.00 and the images were excellent! Now add a cheap $35.00 Epson 2400 dpi color printer and with a computer... hmmmm "yu thinks they gots dos tings in GZ??"

Problem solved.

Thanks King for you great connections and sharing!

Mark and Bea

Actually, all this type of hardware is already setup in nearly all international airports all across America now (finger printing and photo devices). There are thousands of these devices already in use at U.S. international airports all across America right now. Why can't they (the BHS) move one extra one of these setups over to GZ? Instant/automatic electronic photos and prints in an instant - no problem. Indeed ... much too simple of a solution.

Nevermind the fact that each of the K beneficiaries will have their photos and prints taken once again upon arrival in the US!!

This is what I know as of 8:30AM, 4/29 on the fingerprinting and "overcomes" at GZ. After overcome documents are submitted all beneficiaries between 14 and 79 will have to go to the Consulate the next day in the afternoon to have their prints taken.

This is what I know as of 8:30AM, 4/29 on the fingerprinting and  "overcomes" at GZ. After overcome documents are submitted all beneficiaries between 14 and 79 will have to go to the Consulate the next day in the afternoon to have their prints taken.

Right now we are all waiting on Carl and Bing who are actually doing just that. The overcome process. She dropped off the video as they requested.

As for other paper work and photos I do not know, actually I really don't know what she did drop off, only that she was there yesterday and will be there today.

Hopefully Carl will post again with the complete story.

Mark and Bea

Mark, I know Carl will tell us the whole story later, but out of curiosity, did they finally submitted the same video that we all saw?

oh no no no..

this is just a quick video for everyone here at candle to finally see and hear Bing and Carl. we did a long 13 minutes it was here at our place..

Mark and Bea