New and updated info

Yesterday, I received a written notice from the Consulate putting out a new requirement about immigration visa photos. It is requiring 2 different sized and angle photos. One photo at 1 and 1/4 by 1 and 3/8 inches with the face turned left so the right side clearly shows and the right ear is fully exposed. The other required photo is 2 by 2 inches full face one.

I am not sure when this goes into effect.

I talked to Martha Hutchens the other day and she explained they have received a lot of clearances and they are backed up a bit so the interview dates will be scheduled out farther. In two different cases I received notice yesterday that the IV unit had received clearances. In one case it said an interview might be scheduled in June or July and the other case said maybe it would be scheduled in August or September.

Oh, Great!!!!!

So, can't the embassy afford buying a digital camera so they can actually take pictures of the person as they come in for the interview???? Then, with digital, they can make it as small or as big as they want. Then, like our US passports and most drivers licenses, embed the photo into the documents.

Well, I guess that would be the easy way.

I think the DS-230 is set to expire very shortly.

I would imagine at that time there will be several new forms to use. I would imagine some of this would be coming in on a general USA wide scale which will affect all embassies. Thus, there should be an updated OF-169. (which, of course, as we just found out, they don't follow anyway).

Now, the question is which forms to send to Irina. But, of course, without an interview date, I have no idea which version of the forms she will be getting.

----- Clifford ------

• 2 weeks later...

ALERT

As of Monday, April 26th all IV visa "overcome" beneficiaries who have NOT had fingerprints taken will have to have them taken AT the Consulate when "overcome "documents are submitted or when any other action is attempted to continue processing the case.

My take on this is that these beneficiaries will have to come to the Consulate again, if they did not previously have fingerprints taken. "Overcome" beneficiaries are those who received the refusal sheet, the "blue" sheet plus.

The Consulate will be closed from May 1st to May 5th for the May 1st Chinese holiday. On May 6 and 7 it will be open, but will not take overcome documents.